The Aviation Maintenance and Sustainment (AMS) Division of Leidos has openings for A&P Mechanics located in El Paso TX. The job of the A&P Mechanic is to maintain aircraft in accordance with OEM specifications and FAA regulations. The diversity of working conditions ranges from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. The A&P Mechanic may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist.
- Perform duties within the hangar facility and aircraft movement area in a safe manner.
- Interpret and follow technical publications including basic schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and instructions.
- Perform daily pre and post flight inspections.
- Service aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair.
- Perform rigging of engine, propeller, flight, and landing gear systems
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning mechanical, electrical and avionics systems and provide effective solution.
- Document work performed on appropriate forms and in electronic systems acceptable to the administrator.
- Provide signature of certification of the work performed.
- Maintain aircraft appearance and cleanliness.
- Submit daily, weekly, or monthly reports as required.
- “Clean as you go” in the work area and follow all safety rules.
- Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements.
- Perform all required training assigned in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Lead Mechanic
- Must be a US Citizen
- Possess a current US civilian driver's license.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Hold a valid and current FAA A&P certification.
- Successfully complete the DoT drug test to determine the presence of illegal or un-prescribed controlled substances.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret level security clearance
- Experience with Bombardier Global series aircraft or similar.
- Current/Active DoD Secret level security clearance or higher
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.