The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced; ITIL Framework focused IT professional to serve as a Senior Service Transition Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class Tier 2 Service Transition operations in a purpose-built enterprise environment throughout the operational lifecycle of customer directed mission applications. Qualified applicants must be creative problem solvers able to perform expertly under dynamic conditions and evolving priorities, facilitating complex service transitions with minimal negative operational impact. The candidate will be required to work collaboratively and constructively as both an individual and as part of a team with internal and external program entities, including Tier 1, Tier 3 and on site customer representatives. Though this is an 8x5 position, applicants must be available to provide out-of-band support as required.
- Coordination, facilitation, and verification of Tier 2 SW support and mission application Service Transitions including cloud infrastructure migrations
- Support Tier 2 Configuration Management, Change Management, and Information Assurance activities
- Ensure mission and baseline stability throughout service transition activities
- Employ ingenuity and creativity to develop and implement new solutions to complex technical issues and problems in order to achieve functional objectives
- Ensure completion and accuracy of maintenance and operations documentation
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of all activities via ticketing system
- Other related supporting duties as required
- Provide training in Service Transition and project management to team members as required
- Create and manage projects to ensure successful service transition within budget
- Ensures mission and baseline protection during service transition activities
- U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-6 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Current DoD 8570.01m IAT-II or higher certification (e.g. Security+ CE)
- Experience with ITIL Framework supporting service transition for Mission Critical Systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders across multiple technical areas
- ITIL v3 Foundation or Higher Certification
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- Practical experience deploying and/or troubleshooting TCP/IP networking in an enterprise environment
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Proven experience with one or more of the following procedural disciplines in an enterprise environment:
- Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) using the NSIS process framework
- Project management
- Proven experience with one or more of the following technical disciplines in an enterprise environment:
- Information system security, including IAVA management and ICD 503 compliance
- Enterprise management tool implementation and maintenance
- Unix, Linux, or Windows operating system management, including scripting (e.g. PyThon, BaSH, XML)
- Ability to drive performance of a team based on influence rather than authority
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.