Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support our NAVAIR customer in Lexington Park, MD. The ideal candidate will have experience performing systems engineering, systems analysis, and supporting software development activities in support of acquisition, design, test and operations. This position can be performed remotely, with up to 25% travel required.
- Provide engineering design and analysis assessments
- Validate system and customer requirements
- Roadmap and release planning
- Formal software and system milestone reviews
- Risk adjudication
- CONOPS and use case development
- Perform trade studies and author technical white papers
- Draft system specifications
- Conduct and lead system test events
- Capture meeting minutes and action items
- Evaluate vendor design and requirements specifications, hardware proposals and software solutions
- Ability to establish a plan for a project and accomplish goals embodied by the plan
- Coordinate and lead technical exchange meetings with vendors, customers and system operators
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations relying on creativity to deliver products
- Ability to explain and effectively communicate complex engineering analyses and studies to government and corporate management
- Ability to contribute to team efforts or to operate completely independently
- B.S. in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields
- 10+ years of experience conducting engineering analysis, modeling, and simulation
- Experience working in the defense industry
- Demonstrated initiative and strong ownership of deliverables
- Demonstrated experience leading working groups
- Very comfortable speaking to groups
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with the IMINT, GEOINT and Targeting communities
- Experience with the TLAM weapon system or other weapon systems
- Experience with mission planning navigation products such as DEM and DSMAC
- Experience with intelligence community systems such as MIDB and JTT
- 2+ years MBSE experience
- 2+ years SAFe experience
- JIRA experience
- DOORS experience
Security Requirements: Must be eligible to obtain government Secret security clearance, with the ability to hold up to Top Secret / SCI clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.