Are you looking for better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, its a way of life. If this sounds good to you, we invite to explore job opportunities with Leidos.
Leidos’ NISC IV Program (National Airspace System Integration Support Contract) is one of the largest and oldest programs supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer (Critical Power Systems) to join the NISC team. In this role you will support the FAA performing design engineering and project management for critical power distribution systems used in air traffic control facilities over the Eastern Service Area.
This job is based in the eastern part of the United States, with up to 25% travel.
Senior Electrical Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Plan and design a variety of establishment, replacement and modernization projects involving electrical generators, uninterruptable power supply systems, batteries, critical power distribution systems, bypass switchgear, underground electrical distribution, lightning protection and grounding
- Perform on-site surveys leading to detailed reports and designs
- Conduct load studies and analyze existing data for facility design
- Utilize relevant software tools (SKM and AutoCAD) to assist in analysis and design
- Review project requirements, site conditions and user expectations and provide concise engineering recommendations
- Prepare construction drawings, specifications, cost estimates and phasing plans
- Review contractor design and construction submittals
- Perform project management related tasks including safety, risk and environmental plans
- Communicate with stakeholders and provide routine work status reports
Senior Electrical Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited college and 8+ years of relevant experience or a Masters degree and 6+ years of relevant experience. Relevant experience is experience in critical power systems design including uninterruptible power systems, backup engine generators (to 300KW) and associated switchgear.
- Current and relevant knowledge of electric codes to perform load calculations, wire sizing and layout, arc flash calculations, breaker coordination and equipment sizing and selection.
- Proficiency using SKM for electrical design and analysis.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD to create and edit engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Must be located or willing to locate to the Eastern part of the US.
- Registered Professional Engineer in good standing in the United States is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.