The Leidos Defense Group has an immediate opening for a Network Systems Administrator based in Virginia Beach, VA. Work includes both onboard ships in-port and at-sea with a required workweek exceeding 40 hours per week when overseas. Travel is 75% in and out of CONUS with scheduled and unscheduled deployment assignments up to 6 months with limited advance notice. In support of the SURTASS program this position is predominantly an independent position that requires the successful candidate to work with little to no supervision as the Network Systems Administrator responsible for shipboard network connectivity, troubleshooting and repair of CISCO servers, switches, and routers. Systems of responsibility include: ADNS, ISNS COMPOSE, and GCCS-M. The Network Specialist will serve as the onsite manager directing ship’s crew and coordinating port services including cranes, transportation, and other activities to support ship’s Mission Readiness Availability and Mission Readiness Reviews (MRR/MRA) between operational missions at sea.
- DEPLOY up to 6 months with little or no advance notice.
- Lead technical repair activities onsite or remotely with shipboard network and communications systems repairs, upgrades, and installation on SURTASS Expeditionary and other similar mission vessels.
- Oversee the installation and upgrades of SURTASS electronic systems.
- Analyze problems and take corrective action in a time sensitive environment.
- Conduct technical research, prepare operational and maintenance procedures, and complete engineering and administrative reports.
- Lead coordination between contract sponsor, ship’s Master, military crew, shipyard personnel, and government organizations.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams, stakeholders and sometimes vendors regarding design, process and/or approaches to ensuring all network systems are up to date, working efficiently and ensure all mission requirements are met.
- Validate, provide documentation, configurations, and diagrams
- Employ technical solutions, principles, and concepts to perform any physical and/or software (CISCO IOS) patching as required.
- Develop and provide Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for routine and non-routine procedures that assist both local technicians and supported customers in operation and management of the networks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related discipline or graduate of Navy “C” school in network and information technology with 4+ years of related hands-on experience in planning, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of data networks, computers, and distributed data systems. Additional training, certification, and/or years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess the following certifications: Security+ or Cisco Security or Cisco Certified Network Associated (CCNA),
- Ability to pass the mariners physical per COMSCINST 6000.1.C and maintain medical fitness.
- Currently possess a DoD Secret security clearance and be eligible to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- Currently possess or ability to obtain a valid U.S. passport and international driver’s license.
- Cisco Certified Design & Architecture Certification (CCDA), and an Operating System (OS) such as Windows, LINUX or UNIX are preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance and repair of the SURTASS COMM SUBSYSTEM including: SHF or UHF SATCOM, IFF, Secure Voice and data communications security, and KMI.
- Combined experience in the management, administration, maintenance, and repair of UNIX/LINUX and Windows networks.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.