Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores, our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe. We are a full-service provider of airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) solutions. We conduct full life cycle support - including air and ground ISR processing, ground and flight training, and providing a complete solution for government agencies.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Global 6000/6500 Flight Instructor in our El Paso, TX office. The Flight Instructor will support the training and proficiency of the next generation of U.S. Army Fixed-Wing Aviators and must meet our high aviator skill, safety, professionalism, and customer focus standards. Additionally, the Flight Instructor will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide Ground and Flight Training to U.S. Army Personnel
- Conduct and document flight evaluations IAW the Leidos Global 6000/6500 Program of Instruction and/or US Army Global 6000/6500 Aircrew Training Manual (ATM)
- Manage and monitor all aircrew Crew Endurance status to ensure DCMA 8210.1D, AR 95-20, and 14 CFR Part 91 compliance
- Assist the Senior Flight Instructor with the development, review, and implementation with the Program of Instruction / Syllabus IAW U.S. Army TRADOC requirements
- Act as a POC for site interaction with the GFR and other resident USG personnel
- Act as a Contractor's Requesting Official (CRO)
- Operate aircraft in accordance with applicable regulations, and program/corporate policies and procedures
- Manage all aircraft movement requests to include coordination of PPRs, Aircraft Personnel Automated Clearance System (APACS) requests, and ATO compliance
- Liaison with the US Government Flight Operations Personnel and GFR
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a current passport and a valid state driver's license
- Must possess a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate
- Two (2) or more years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- 1,500 hours PIC total time
- 500 hours PIC in a Global 6000/6500 aircraft or similar aircraft type
- Able to complete a BD-700 Global Vision Type Certification without restrictions
- Must hold at least a Commercial Airplane Multiengine, Instructor Pilot (CFI/MEI) and Instrument Airplane Airman Certificate
- FCC Radio Telephone Operator License
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the secret level
- BD-700 (6000/6500 series) FAA type rating
- International experience operating in the NAT HLA
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)
- 2,000 hours of PIC time
- 1,500 hours of Multiengine time
- 300 hours of Instrument (actual) time
- Rating held for the last three (3) consecutive years
- Former U.S. Military Instructor Pilot and Instrument Flight Examiner
- U.S. Army Instructor Pilot, Instrument Flight Examiner
- Current active DoD secret level security clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.