The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Systems Engineering Technical Manager supporting our client’s overall mission to design and implement a data centric architecture that leverages cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) over cross-domain transfer systems. We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence July 2023.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Systems Engineering Technical Manager supporting DIA-NMEC under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values inclusion, innovation, collaboration, and professional development. In this role, you will perform and manage the full spectrum of Systems Engineering (SE) tasks to deliver cross-domain operational solutions to meet the customer requirements. As a product owner, you will lead a software development team while managing risks, escalating impediments, and helping to drive continuous process improvement. You will interact directly with customers (e.g., end-users, system owners, stakeholders, etc.) as part of providing full end-to-end systems engineering leadership. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As a senior member of the team, you are also a stakeholder in systems being developed with deep expertise in Systems Engineering (SE) and will work closely with Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, Architects as well as Government counterparts to ensure the sustainability of future systems and will support key tasks such as:
- Coordination, and execution of systems engineering activities such as feature/requirements analysis, design, implementation planning, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessments
- Perform systems engineering tasks within time-boxed (e.g., agile) sprints and releases. Support sprint and release planning activities as well as the creation of and/or input to work tickets (e.g., JIRA) as well as program/system documentation using collaboration software (e.g., Confluence)
- Support and employ Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment
- Help to define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
- Assist in establishing SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Establish and ensure systems engineering processes comply with CMMI certification requirements as well as audit activities.
You are rigorous while having the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience. You bring enthusiasm, technical and leadership experience meeting the following qualifications:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in software development, system engineering or related field
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with solutioning capabilities based on requirements and leading a team to deliver products within Agile cadence
- Experience with creating design packages, workflows, and full stack architecture diagrams
- Experience in writing technical solutions and whitepapers
- Experience implementing key Agile processes and techniques such as facilitating scrum for the team (PI Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Familiarity with a MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach like MBSE
- Experience leading technical teams, interacting with customers, stakeholders, and end-users
You will wow us even more if you have some of these:
- Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
- Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, and React
- Experience with database systems, search engines, model view controller (MVC); web applications
- Experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other)
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent)
- Data processing microservices as well as optimum search capabilities
- Interactions of software, hardware, and data storage components as well networking strategies within high scale data processing pipeline
- UX/UI designs and interactions with other system components
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.