Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Leidos is leading a joint venture bid in pursuit of the Department of Energy’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) Management & Operations (M&O) contract. The impact of your decisions, as CFO, is significant given the complex, multi-site, multi-state industrial facility operation and maintenance responsibilities that come with the work hazards of operating a multiple petroleum facility program. The contract is one of significant national importance to the United States and Dept. of Energy and could have national security impacts for the mission that it serves.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Leidos’ culture thrives within our values of Integrity, Inclusion, Innovation, Agility, Collaboration, and Commitment. As the CFO of this Joint Venture, you will carry forward these values into the new LLC with the strength and backing of highly mature partners who embrace the same values, principles, and culture.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Director of Finance (entity CFO) to join our task force with our Civil Group/Integrated Missions Operation team located in Reston, VA. As the Joint Venture CFO your roles and responsibilities (profit/ loss, execution, customer satisfaction) are to oversee the entire accounting department, business operations, budget preparations and planning, and audit functions. You will work with other department heads to monitor each departments plans and operations and make recommendation to ensure optimal performance and efficiency is applied.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The SPR is a large crude oil stockpile, located along the Gulf Coast, under the control of the President of the United States. The SPR is mandated by the Energy Policy and Conservation Act, as amended, and by the comprehensive energy plans of all Administrations since 1975 in recognition of the long-term dependence of the United States on imported crude oil and petroleum products. The SPR mission is to store crude oil to reduce the adverse economic impact of a major supply interruption to the United States and to carry out obligations under the international energy program. The SPR vision is to fill the reserve to capacity with crude oil and to serve as the global benchmark for crude oil reserves.
Leidos’ Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and infrastructure operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn more, click here! https://www.leidos.com/capabilities/mission-operations
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversees Accounting department & budget preparation.
- Works with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the Project Manager and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of experience in financial management, including 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Finance and business operations experience preferred, such as Procurement, Data Systems, Human Capital, and Property and Facilities.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a U. S. citizen with ability to obtain a DOE “L” clearance.
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant designation.
- Experience negotiating and administering contracts.
- Active Secret or DOE L security clearance
- Willing to relocate to the New Orleans, LA metro area to support frequent meetings with the customer and awareness of ongoing operations across all facilities.
Pay Range:Pay Range $128,050.00 - $197,000.00 - $265,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.