The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will have extensive experience supporting operation and maintenance (O&M) of an integrated information system (IS). The candidate will be required to install, configure, test, and maintain software and hardware related to Windows services and functions, to include Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows 10 client, AD, WSUS, GPO, etc.
- Perform related software updates and upgrades
- Maintain related system documentation (SOPs, job aids, etc.)
- Maintain current knowledge of Windows-related trends and issues including emerging technologies and best practices
- Act as a technical consultant
- Provide Tier 1, 2, and 3 support for incident and problem management as required
- Work with Tier 4 , vendors, and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Participate in the design, installation, configurations, testing, acceptance, and documentation for changes to information system hardware and software
- Help the organization meet key performance indicators (KPI) and service-level agreement (SLA) requirements by proactively monitoring the information system logs and alerts to ensure backup and disaster recovery operations are successful; test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement fixed; assess system loads and work with tech lead on developing tuning recommendations.
- Write and maintain custom PowerShell scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any task, e.g., automate O&M task and patching
- Support information system authorization to operate (ATO) requirements by participating in security audits, scans, and remediation
- Participate in new user requirements service request process through technical exchange meetings, design reviews, and management briefings
- Regularly employ ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions in order to achieve IT objectives
- Assist with VMWARE and occasionally various other client-based applications in Windows or Linux environments
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required up to 10% of the time
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Active TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field and 8 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree or combined with education
- Understanding of ITIL Framework relating to Incident, Trouble, and Service Management
- Demonstrated experience with Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and higher, SQL Server, database administration, WSUS, NAS, SCCM, storage, VMWare, scripting, and disaster recovery
- Demonstrated experience managing and maintaining servers, laptop, desktop, and printer hardware
- Demonstrated experience using TCP/IP, SSL, PowerShell, & SSH
- Demonstrated experience with DNS, DHCP, IIS, Group Policy, AD/LDAP, KMS, Registry and File System Security
- Demonstrated experience with Endpoint Security and Remote Server Management
- In-depth understanding of Active Directory in a multi-site domain
- Strong understanding of security baselines such as NIST, DISA, or FIPS
- Demonstrated experience applying efficient task management and ability to adjust to changing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain system documentation
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, adapt quickly to changing requirements, and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal skills, to include interfacing with all levels of staff and management.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- COMPTIA-related certifications (Server+, Network+, Security+)
- One or more of the following qualifications or certifications: ITIL, MCSA, MCSE, and/or MSO
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating system security
- Experience with intrusion detection (logs), firewalls, SSL, VPNs, risk analysis, IDS/IPS configuration, monitoring, and optimization, security auditing and threat analysis
- Experience with Splunk, Qumulos, and/or Solarwinds
- Experience with standardized orchestration and automation tools
- Experience using 2FA
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.