We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a novice DevOps Engineer to provide support to our mission critical system. In this role, you will work collaboratively to build secure systems and software utilizing cloud capabilities and gain agile development and deployment experience in support of an enterprise Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) cybersecurity system. Based in the Scaled Agile Framework, you will provide support to major deliverables throughout all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing. The candidate needs be local to the DC/Maryland/VA area to come into a Secure Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) an average of 2 to 3 days per week.
- Develop, test, and maintain continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines using DevOps tools such as Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins to ensure automated, repeatable deployment to multiple customer environments
- Identify enhancements and innovation to enable the acceleration of delivery through automation, collaboration, fast feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Design, develop, configure, test, and maintain a software stack using a mix of commercial and open-source software
- Develop and deploy prototypes and solutions within Commercial Cloud Solutions leveraging Infrastructure platform services
- Execute software system validation and testing to ensure delivery of assured solutions
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness
- Generate clear and maintainable documentation
- Generate visual media that can communicate the benefits of a software tool or system to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Mentor / assist junior members of the team
- Candidate must have BS degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with Linux OS, including scripting in a Linux environment using Shell and Bash
- Experience with coding in Java
- Experience in multiple of the following areas, and a desire to learn the others:
- Linux OS scripting
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, CouchDB)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Experience with automated deployment tools (such as Ansible, Chef, etc.) and associated scripts or manual instruction-based software installation / deployment
- Experience updating automated deployment scripts or manual deployment instructions for software baseline
- Understanding of compute, relational database management systems, storage, networking, transport, load balancing, and security constructs as they relate to on premise and cloud infrastructures
- Knowledge of high availability architectures
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience as a member of an agile software development team
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- All candidates must be have an Active TS clearance and SCI eligible to start AND the ability to obtain a CI poly to be considered for the position
- Current Security+ certification
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Familiarity with:
- Nessus Vulnerability Assessment
- OWASP Foundation
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Experience with web development and use of Reacts, Redux or similar
- Mobile development
- Local to DC/Maryland/Virginia
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.