Leidos is a global, 33,000-employee Fortune 500 enterprise committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Over the past half-century, Leidos has worked in some of the most advanced areas of science and technology to deliver critical solutions to our customers' most demanding challenges.
Dynetics is seeking Business Development Directors for our National Security Space (NSS) Operation; the Aerospace, Defense and Civil (AD&C) Operation as well as our Weapons Technology and Manufacturing Operation (WTMO).
In this role, as the Business Development Director, you are expected to thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals in a high-paced environment. You are expected to identify gaps and emerging program requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design, and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity. You will develop the overall BD strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, campaigns, and associated marketing within Dynetics. You will manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts, in achievement of short and long-term business development goals. You will maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. Essentially, you will drive Dynetics and Leidos’ expertise into new and evolving mission areas largely focused on winning contract research and development programs. You will also support collaborations with the other four Leidos Groups well as the broader Dynetics Group to bring the best technology and discriminators to bear in large captures and, where practical, bring mature technologies to establish game-changing new business areas for them.
These positions are based out of Huntsville, however candidates have flexibility to work remotely with travel as long as they are within close proximity to a Leidos facility.
- Partner with the SVP to support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business strategies that provide the business an opportunity to grow revenue.
- May have other business development activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities and sustainability to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Continuously monitor the market to keep track of competitor developments and their impact on market share.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include biweekly pipeline reviews, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Lead the development and maturation of the Dynetics pipeline, establish BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources. Manage a team of up to 20 business development professionals.
- Support the Dynetics SVP and Finance & Business Operations Manager in developing the Dynetics annual operating plan, developing quarterly forecasts and participating in Monthly Operating Reviews.
- Establish and measure progress with the Dynetics priorities and annual operating plan targets for qualified pipeline growth, win rates, submits and awards.
- Develop and implement the Dynetics strategy based on market research and corporate direction.
- Coordinate with Leidos organizations who develop emerging technologies in other markets. Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Develop and support strategic partnerships with industry leaders, driving innovation and new business opportunities.
- Represent Leidos in the industry through participation in industry-related organizations, conferences and panels.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15+ years of related experience or Master’s degree with 12+ years of relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience supervising or leading business development teams or programs
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Defense and Intel customer R&D and S&T organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience with maturing and transitioning prototypes to spin offs or Programs of Record (PORs) and keep it sold strategies
- Demonstrated access to key government customers such as DARPA, IARPA, DoD and national labs, the 5 major IC customers as well as industry partners
- Ability to travel as required: approximately 25% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
- Active Top Secret level clearance
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Experience working with Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine customers as well as the DoD.
- Experience working with Hypersonics, space, and aerospace programs or related sales campaigns preferable
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $1 billion or greater. Management of a pipeline of opportunities in DOD or Civil preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $219,000.00 - $295,650.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.