The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking a Videographer to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with videography, photography, and the associated equipment. The candidate will provide videography and photography services for the customer’s training activities.
- Plan and execute all aspects of video production, to include pre-production, production, post-production, lighting and staging, and conducting audio narration
- Pre-Production: plan video projects, scout and survey locations for video productions, storyboard techniques, script writing and production, coordinate video shoots, coordinate with management for budget planning
- Production and Post-Production: camera operation, shot composition and shot blocking, audio production and sound design, direct, and live shoots and location shoots
- Production Lighting and Staging: apply video composition principles and techniques such as framing, lighting, perspective, continuity and pacing (production); edit in Adobe Premiere Pro and AVID or any PC-based industry standard digital non-linear editing system; execute professional editing techniques, source selection, pacing, and composition; design and integrate elements from the Adobe creative suite.
- Audio Narration Production: convert, transfer, and digitize source materials; provide finished production in appropriate format for a range of delivery platforms; networked-based delivery and DVD/Blu-Ray authoring
- Provide finished video products
- Edit and compile video and still files into briefing materials and make ready for web-based presentation
- Provide photography support for all customer requirements
- Manage associated files
- Provide direction for training course planning, development, and execution
- Maintain and enhance documentation and processes
- Maintain a safe operating environment
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required up to 10% of the time
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Active TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree or combined with education
- Demonstrated ability to plan projects, scout and survey locations, use storyboard techniques, write scripts, direct, produce and coordinate live and location shoots and coordinate budget
- Demonstrated ability to compose shots, operate still and video cameras, manage audio production and sound design, and apply video composition principles to lighting and staging
- Demonstrated ability to edit film in Adobe Premiere and Avid or an industry standard digital, non-linear editing system
- Execute professional editing techniques, source selection, pacing and composition in final products
- Demonstrated ability to convert, transfer and digitize source material for network-based delivery and DVD/Blu-ray authoring
- Demonstrated ability to create finished products working with SMEs and distributing via multiple media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, adapt quickly to changing requirements, and work as part of a team
- Demonstrated strong customer service and interpersonal skills, to include interfacing with all levels of staff and management.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Curriculum development
- Experience as an instructor
- Experience maintaining media equipment for a training facility
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.