***This position is located at The Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas***
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Cargo Mission Integration Support Lead to join NASA’s Mission Integration and Operations (MI&O) Office as a member of the Cargo Mission Contract(CMC) team located at The Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX. This role will provide mission support to the MI&O office by performing analytical assessments, cargo trade evaluations based on negotiated priorities among the International Space Station (ISS) CAM stakeholders, and management of the cargo mission.
This position will serve as the primary point of contact to the Visiting Vehicle (VV) teams, ISS Cost Account Managers (CAMs), MI&O management, and the ISS Program Office in support of the assigned cargo mission. The selected candidate will be responsible for the planning, organizing, securing, and managing of resources for the successful completion of a mission as well as coordination of contractor products and resources for the MI&O office.
The tasks of the Cargo Mission Integration Support Lead ensure that the mission is integrated per requirements and cargo events run within scope and time constraints, with the ultimate goal of successful delivery and integration of hardware to the vehicle integrators for launch, or back to the hardware owners in the event of return missions.
US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency and the ability to successfully obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance is required.
- Review flight-specific schedule milestones; identify and resolve issues or challenges to meeting milestones by communicating with the NASA and contractor teams.
- Establish cargo priorities and evaluate hardware trades to ensure vehicle manifesting and integration are completed to meet VV mission and increment objectives to support on-orbit crew operations.
- Identify Points of Contact with hardware providers, VV Integration Managers, ISS CAMs, and subsystem managers to negotiate; manage integration and hardware deliveries to ensure mission milestones are met.
- Serve as NASA’s primary POC to the VV team to ensure deliveries and manifests support launch schedule; provide data (Cargo Summary, MPR, big bag planning, etc.) to leadership as well as to the ISSP.
- Perform Cargo Certification of Flight Readiness for the ISS VV mission. Identify off-nominal requirements and requests; apply prior experience, standard procedures, and analysis to resolve issues.
- Communicate issues and challenges to MI&O and ISS management; coordinate with VV Office to resolve and implement solutions.
- Provide consistent communication with internal / external organizations and customers, including contractor management, hardware providers, Visiting Vehicle Team, and NASA reps.
- Communicate flight status as needed, including at weekly Integrated Product Team, MIOCB, TICB, SSPCB meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Project management and leadership experience in a technical field
- Highly organized multi-tasker with the ability to meet competing deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Proactive and effective communicator with strong presentation skills, including at the program level
- Ability to collaborate among multi-disciplinary teams
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
- Familiarity with MS Project
- Prior experience supporting NASA programs (Mission Integration, Systems Engineering, Project Management, Flight Operations) strongly preferred
*(Possibility of remote candidacy, with required travel to Houston up to 25%, to support Mission activities)*
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.