Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is seeking a Radio Frequency (RF) and Radar Systems Engineer with practical experience in the design and/or test of RF and Radar Systems, including Electronic Warfare (EW) techniques and countermeasures.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Today, EW is a growing need - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. As part of our team, you will focus on the first steps towards a fully autonomous cognitive EW system. More broadly, you will advance the state of the art in research and advanced applications to support ongoing and future EW programs. You’ll simultaneously get to work alongside scientists and experts in these fields to help grow your own knowledge and career.
- Design, develop, and evaluate high-fidelity models of military systems/technologies of interest such as, sensors, weapons, command and control algorithms and components, network links, and EW systems and techniques
- Define and implement prototype hardware/software necessary to generate RF environments for advanced technology demonstrations
- Develop software for implementing electronic support (ES) and electronic attack (EA) algorithms, evaluating electronic warfare metrics, and integrating the software into an electronic warfare testbed
- Develop a digital radio frequency memory (DRFM) system software model that can process and return I&Q inputs and interface with an RF simulation environment
- Develop closed-loop digital and RF models to demonstrate and assess adaptive, autonomous, or cognitive sensor systems and implement assessment measures to evaluate machine learning systems
- Develop, model, and test EW algorithms in Matlab, Python, &/or C++
- Perform research as part of interdisciplinary teams that design, develop, and deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms for DoD electronic warfare applications, with the opportunity to move into leadership roles on these teams
What Sets You Apart:
- An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline with at least a Ph.D. with 8 or more years specializing in RF sensor systems; or Masters with 10+ years or Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of radar/EW systems experience
- U.S Citizen with a Secret security clearance
- Experience with MATLAB
- Working knowledge of scientific programming and algorithm development
- Experience with radar signal processing
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Creativity, strength in problem solving and ability to develop and analyze complex systems are must-have talents for this position.
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Active security clearance and ability to attain a Top Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge areas such as digital filtering, spectral estimation, detection and estimation theory, and stochastic processes
- Experience working in areas of modeling and simulation (M&S), radar, adaptive radar, signals processing, algorithm development, or similar fields
- Python, Simulink and languages such as C/C++, Java etc.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.