Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Systems / Requirements Engineer to work on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). This position will support systems engineering and technical integration across the lifecycle of projects in concert with internal and external stakeholders for spaceflight hardware in support of: NASA's Johnson Space Center International Space Station (ISS), Orion, Human Landing System (HLS), Gateway, and EVA & Human Surface Mobility (EHP) Programs.
Additionally, this role has the opportunity to manage development and certification projects of spaceflight hardware for CMC and Leidos Commercial work. The CMC team works with commercial software such as IBM Maximo, Microsoft (MS) Project, and MS SharePoint, in addition to CMC custom software. Support of tests and other activities may be required outside of normal working hours.
Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency is required. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Interact with the customer and other organizations on assigned hardware projects, ensuring established deliverables are achieved
- Work with Project Managers to define project scope and identify applicable NASA requirements for each hardware item being certified
- Develop and apply continuous process improvement to CMC system engineering processes to support Orion Program
- Coordinate with both internal/external stakeholders and requirement owners on applicable requirements and verification methods, including attending technical meetings and leading Systems Requirements Reviews
- Monitor implementation of verification of requirements and report status to the Project Managers
- Review, author, approve, and monitor work orders, purchase requests, non-conformance reports, internal/external customer presentations, designs, and trade studies
BS Degree (Systems Engineering or related field) and 1+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Ability to convey technical information and systems engineering approaches to non-technical individuals
- Experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams and customers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with ISS, Orion, HLS, and/or Gateway requirements and processes for hardware development and certification, anomaly resolution, configuration management, quality assurance, design, requirements/verification, materials, safety, cargo processing, disposal, manifest, hardware downgrade, toxicology
- Familiarity with INCOSE standards and methodologies
- Experience in planning and tracking project labor, material, and product deliverables for project
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS SharePoint
- Familiarity with Maximo or similar software program(s)
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,800.00 - $72,000.00 - $97,200.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.