Leidos has an opening for Network Support Engineer at Scott AFB, IL.
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer at Scott AFB, IL supporting Defense Information Systems Agency Global (DISA-GLOBAL). DISA acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will be responsible for overall network engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the DISN. The primary role of this sub family is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport and IP platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), Multi-Protocol Layer Switching (MPLS), and cryptographic systems.
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Extensive technical knowledge of one or more equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
- Provide technical support for the design, implementation, and integration of network changes and sustainment.
- Perform real-time circuit redesign to restore customer connectivity during scheduled and unscheduled outages and maintenance actions.
- Deploy network changes - monitor for any impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting.
- Recommend to Government customer best practices for the operation and maintenance of the network.
- Assist in Ad-hoc engineering support, statistics/data gathering, modeling, creating/updating flowcharts and diagrams, and providing recommendations to determine the most efficient configuration of the network based on Engineering documents and experience.
- Coordinate and consult with Operational Engineers (OE) and supported customers to ensure maximum network availability to minimize or eliminate mission and operational impact.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies to enhance current customer capabilities.
- Utilize GTMS tickets with accurate documentation
- Provide accuracy in documenting the Mission Support Services (MSS) database to reflect the real time network
- Support OE Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) Activities to collect site and device data to schedule maintenance windows and provide robust network connectivity throughout the terrestrial DISN backbone.
- Interact with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to create hardware replacement order
Education & Experience:
- Typically requires Bachelor of Science (BS) degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with less than 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education, and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Become actively involved in daily operations and engineering when required to meet critical schedules or resolve incidents.
- Actively participate in problem solving solutions for the team
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience
- Help team achieve day-to-day objectives and goals
- Able to assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments to achieve results
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.