Join a team committed to a Mission!
The Life Sciences division of the Leidos Health Group is seeking a highly qualified Portfolio Manager to support the Autonomous Care and Evacuation (ACE)/Sustainment of Expeditionary Medical Support (SEMS) research portfolios within the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (USAMRDC) Combat Casualty Care Research Program (CCCRP). The mission of the CCCRP is to reduce the mortality and morbidity resulting from injuries on the battlefield through the development of new life-saving strategies (including leveraging medical simulations, AI/ML, and other advanced technologies), new surgical techniques, biological and mechanical products, and the timely use of remote physiological monitoring.
*This position is located on-site with the customer in Frederick, MD with the expectation of being on site two days per week (with mixed on-site/telework schedule allowed) with approximately 5-15 percent travel (local and national travel expected).*
If this sounds like the kind of environment you can thrive, keep reading!
This position will include a focus of applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities to military medicine. This position will support to CCCRP leadership on the planning, management, review, and analysis of diverse medical research capabilities, including material and knowledge products, in support of the care and transport of injured personnel in military operational environments. (This is NOT a laboratory research position; this is a planning, management, and oversight support position.)
Research projects can span multiple technology areas ranging from basic research to advanced research ready for evaluation and transition. The role involves support in program management in a highly visible and evolving oversight environment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Plan and conduct portfolio analyses to identify knowledge gaps and establish research priorities.
- Maintain organized records to include records of transactions, pre-proposals, full proposals, acceptance and turn down notifications and other documentation relevant to efficient management of intramural and extramural projects.
- Track the progress of assigned research projects including minutes, briefings, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Prepare information papers, special studies, reviews, and analyses in response to taskings.
- Review and analyze proposals and recommend programmatic decisions based on sound scientific and programmatic rationale.
- Develop, review, and revise strategic plans for research for future planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) business processes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Master’s degree in biomedical sciences or other relevant discipline with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated research experience in the following areas (or similar relevant experience):
- en route care, autonomous, semi-autonomous, and remotely operated medical diagnostic and treatment technologies
- artificial intelligence/machine learning
- virtual health technologies and medical information science.
- Must be familiar with the practice of biomedical research and development.
- Experience in analyzing and preparing visualizations and summaries of scientific-related and programmatic data.
- Must be US citizen who currently possesses or is eligible to obtain a Secret clearance. Continued employment of a hired candidate would be subject to successful processing for the clearance within a defined timeframe from start.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities and interpersonal skills to coordinate group activities.
- Capable of independent action and initiative.
- Ability to interact in a positive and competent manner with individuals at all levels of responsibility.
- Willing to work across a wide range of rapidly changing and divergent management issues.
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD:
Preferred Skills / Qualifications
- Project Management Professional certification.
- Familiarity with federal scientific/organizational budgets and related administrative processes.
- Experience in a military staff environment.
Program-Specific Pay Range:
The program’s pay range for this position is $136,000 – $146,000.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.