Leidos is seeking an experience Information Assurance Engineer to support the SCARS Program as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO). The SCARS program helps the U.S. Air Force (USAF) develop a common architecture to integrate, standardize, and secure USAF aircraft training simulators used to develop highly skilled aircrew and operators.
Works with and learns from the Information System Security Manger (ISSM) and Cyber Security Team to accomplish the following:
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for multilevel security (MLS) systems.
- Conducts security audits.
- Generates, detailed, system-level, cybersecurity documentation.
- Supports the development and updating of System Operation Procedure (SOP) documents.
- Applies knowledge of IT Governance requirements, risk mitigation strategies, and encryption and decryption capabilities to establish secure solutions.
- Performs risk analysis, including risk assessment processes and procedures.
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience. Additional years of related experience will be acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain at least a SECRET DoD clearance.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification.
- Previous experience developing and maintaining Authorization to Operate (ATO) packages, to include supporting documentation and artifacts.
- Hands-on experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) application or equivalent (e.g. Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) or Xacta).
- Familiarity with cybersecurity tools such as Trellix ePO, Tenable Nessus, and SIEM solutions.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, works well within a team, mission oriented, and takes personal pride in work.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment independently or as part of team.
- CompTIA CASP+ CE certification.
- Prior experience working in and or with DoD environments.
- Prior, hands-on, experience utilizing DoD cybersecurity tools such as HBSS, ACAS, ConfigOS, and Splunk.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.