Leidos is currently looking for a Network Field Operations Engineer. This position is responsible for the design, maintenance and configuration of CCTV IT networks. The NW Engineer will also be responsible for the physical implementation, installation and maintenance of these networks at multiple locations across the WMA.
- Provide technical oversight of a multi-site enterprise level WAN, including planning, implementation/expansion, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Design, deploy, and administer the infrastructure and supporting systems.
- Train team members on new hardware or software.
- Research and recommend approaches for system administration tasks.
- Analyze and monitor server security and implement patches and fixes to address potential security holes.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area
- Provide hardware and operating system support for the corporate and field computer systems environment, UNIX, Linux, Windows, and storage.
- Designing a network topology and infrastructure that will be used for all the security devices to communicate.
- Configuring the security devices to communicate and operate at the specifications requested by the customer.
- Designing custom solutions using COTS equipment to meet high security, high threat customer requests.
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of function’s strategy and operations.
- Leads and manages works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Applicant must have CCNA or CCNP cisco certifications.
- 10 years’ experience developing, repairing, configuring, and administering complex IT networks.
- Focused on network security for enterprise wide CCTV applications.
- Must have demonstrated experience in network configuration and design of security systems (switches, routers, wireless).
- Applicant must be capable of apprehending and implementing the following accepted industry standards and methodology (Information Technology/Networking, Structural, Electrical, and Infrastructure Cabling).
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.