Are you ready to work on a program that supports mission focused projects? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, career growth, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave and more! You will have the opportunity to work under the best leadership in the industry at all levels; where supporting their employees and what they do-is what matters.
On this program we work super hard but also has fun. We have chili cooks offs, Pi Day with Pies, lunches brought in for the teams and program, end of year celebrations, recognition awards and much, much more.
This is a high profile program supporting projects working on highly visible applications AND building the next generation of these applications.
In this role as a Systems Engineer, this individual has technical experience with Linux/Windows servers within a within a physical and virtual environment. Duties include examining customer problems and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair and handle service inquiries and problems. This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing reoccurrence and analyzes existing infrastructure for tuning/performance enhancements. This Individuals in this role may be required to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions on customer servers. We are looking for individuals with focus, concentration, as well as patience and versatility to take part in all that is required to get mission accomplished, including O&M and R&D on top of existing duties.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Poly clearance
- Typically requires BS degree and 8+ years or Masters with 6-8 years of prior relevant experience of prior relevant, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with server setup deployment, patch management methodologies
- Experience with technical support with solving issues in a growing environment.
- Experience with server using Linux operating systems (CentOS, RHEL, or Ubuntu)
- Experience with supporting virtual desktops running Linux, Microsoft Windows
- Experience with programs of similar size and complexity
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Experience with hardening Linux environments
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience creating and maintaining Infrastructure as code
- Experience with CLSE
- Experience with BASH Scripting/Automation through Linux Shell scripts or other scripting languages
· Experience in Amazon Web Service (AWS) cloud environment
· Experience with GITLAB functionality, error codes and scripting
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results
- Must be able to work independently to develop solutions to technical problems.
Preferred Qualifications: “nice to have” but not required.
· LDAP experience
Certification - Security+, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.