Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Leidos Innovations Center has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer to work in San Diego, CA. This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience to develop and produce advanced nuclear detection, radiography equipment, chemical and biological sensing instruments, and satellite sensor systems. Emphasis is on research and development with activities ranging from support of early scientific research to transitioning products to production.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Design, develop, integrate, and test all aspects of Printed Circuit Board (PCB).
- Collaborate in scientific research, engineering product development, and test activities. Contribute to design reviews and present designs for review.
- Work independently and use judgement to perform engineering task with uncertain and evolving requirements.
- Use judgment to perform technical troubleshooting and diagnosis of failed equipment and support root cause analysis.
- Perform data analysis and write technical reports.
What Sets You Apart:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field from an accredited college/university with 8+ years of relevant experience as an electrical engineer in an R&D environment.
- Experience with Altium Designer (preferred) or OrCAD for schematic capture and PCB layout for high-speed digital designs using large Xilinx and Microsemi FPGAs.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, specifications, checklists, and work instructions.
- Well-organized, reliable, attention to detail, demonstrated personal initiative. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload. Good interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional R&D development teams.
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and an entrepreneurial approach to roles and responsibilities.
- <10% travel to customer sites as required.
- Must be a U.S Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects.
- Experience reviewing and documenting technical data packages for military products.
- Space qualified PCB design experience.
- High-speed PCB design experience with knowledge of differential signals, trace length matching, and routing topologies for DDR memory is a plus.
- Knowledge of signal integrity techniques. Experience with PCB analysis tools like HyperLynx is a plus.
- Xpedition or OrCAD Schematic Capture experience is a plus for collaboration activities.
- Breadth of experience in a complementary discipline like circuit design, FPGA design, or embedded software is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.