Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to support a critical Defense Intelligence Agency Science & Technology (DIA(S&T) Directorate program supporting National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) and Open Source Intelligence Integration Center (OSIC) initiatives to provide a robust big data integration, AI/ML enrichment, exploitation, and dissemination to the Defense Intelligence Enterprise (DIE) and the Intelligence Community (IC).
We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence July 2023.
As the Project Manager of a Task Order under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract, you will support a variety of management activities and practices with a team of 100+ highly motivated, technical individuals who work in a collegial, collaborative work environment. This exciting and motivating team includes data scientists, system engineers and architects, software and data engineers, network engineers, agile scrum-masters, and mission outreach specialists, QA/CM specialists, Project Schedulers, and Project Controllers. Work is primarily conducted on-site at our client locations in Bethesda, MD and Reston, VA or at our Leidos facility in Arlington, VA. We offer a flexible schedule and, percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
Your key role is to provide management oversight of the Task Order ensuring deliverables are provided on schedule and within budget. You will utilize your technical and project management background to accomplish the following :
- Take the lead on program initiatives and task order lead activities such as:
- Create a plan with the program staff for milestones and deliverables
- Constantly check in with the team on task progress
- Facilitate meetings to help move the team forward on tasking and help remove blockers
- Create status reports for customers
- Schedule TEMs with customer and partners, if needed and moderate the sessions
- Attend customer meetings to provide status and communicate risks/roadblocks
- Provide support to Program Management Office (PMO) to create customer and internal Leidos presentations including program roadmap, program review, staffing review, etc.
- Update and maintain program risk register.
- Identify staffing and skills needs on the program and work with line managers to address them.
- Help facilitate and participate in Agile SAFe Program Increment Planning
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or Information Sciences discipline. Master’s Degree is strongly desired.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional technical experience on information systems projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading technical teams
- Experience with SAFe agile practices
- Proficiency in Atlassian Products (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with people management
- Experience with customer interaction and gathering requirements and customer priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, and able to accomplish tasks under limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Key technical skills include a high proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Sharepoint
- TS Security clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with CI polygraph clerarance
You will wow us even more if you have some of these skills:
- Experience with big data analytics and operationalization of AI/ML services
- PMP Certification
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $130,000.00 - $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.