Do you want to join a high performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science? Are you interested in making a difference by applying your antenna design and analysis skills toward state-of-the-art research and development problems? Leidos currently has an exciting opening for an Antenna Design Engineer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
As an Antenna Design Engineer, you will apply your skills and critical thinking to multiple antenna design and radar signature modeling programs supporting Air Force agencies such AFRL, NASIC, AFLCMC, and other customer agencies. In this role you will be responsible for the modeling, simulation, design, and evaluation of antenna and RF array systems. The use of computational electromagnetic prediction software to analyze RF signatures and antenna characteristics and behavior is a critical component of this role as well.
We are looking for a qualified candidate to bring technical excellence, leadership, entrepreneurship, and creativity to our programs. You will interact with customers, participate in, and lead technical projects areas, and pursue growth in new areas. This position requires some job duties to be performed onsite due to the sensitive nature of this work and the desire for in-person collaboration, however we offer flexible in-office hours and the ability to perform some job duties remotely.
- Design and analyze antenna, radome, and array/AESA systems
- Characterize and evaluate radar cross sections (RCS)
- Model and characterize electromagnetic (EM) phenomenology (scattering, absorption, polarization, refraction, diffraction, etc.) primarily in, but not limited to, radio frequency (RF) bands
- Verify and validate measured data and computational electromagnetic (CEM) predictions
- Create signature predictions using CEM prediction software (SENTRi, Xpatch, COMSOL, CST, HFSS, Feko, etc.)
- Write and present technical information related to development activities
- Assist or lead the team with business development activities by supporting proposal and technical solution development and also in interfacing with other parts of Leidos for multi-disciplinary capture opportunities
- Apply technical leadership abilities and lead or assist teams to develop solutions for complex technical issues
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years’ experience or a master’s degree or higher with 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering or a closely related scientific field such as Physics, Engineering Physics, etc.
- US citizen
- Knowledge of antenna and radome design principles
- Experience with antenna and array/AESA design
- Radar Cross Section (RCS) design familiarity and knowledge of RF scattering principles
- Strong understanding of applied electromagnetics with skills in EM modeling and experimentation
- Adept in CEM prediction software and proven history of applying simulation tools to characterize EM phenomenology
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness and interest to collaborate in an interdisciplinary team environment to drive towards overall project and team objectives
- Expert in technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Ability to both lead and work as a team member
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to lead small technical teams to solve complex problems
- A self-starter with a strong drive to lead and develop solutions that meet customer demands in a timely manner
- Active TOP SECRET is desired, but not required
- Supervisory experience
- CAD and meshing familiarity
- Interest in Business Development
- Entrepreneurial interest in working across multi-disciplinary teams on larger, more complex undertakings
A basic understanding of, or exposure to the following is a plus, but not required:
- Automatic Target Recognition
- Radar signal processing fundamentals
- MATLAB, Python, and C++
- Experience with running simulations on high-performance computing (HPC), graphics processor units (GPU), and other advanced processing platforms
Pay Range:Pay Range $122,200.00 - $220,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:06/12/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.