The CMS Division of Civilian Health Solutions (CHS) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior EFT/MFT Engineer to work in our Baltimore, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Managed Infrastructure Service Provider (MiSP) program mission, with (preferred) proven experience within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) environment. This role requires a seasoned professional who has a full understanding EFT/MFT technology, processes, best practices, and use in the Federal Health IT space. The successful candidate will interface with customers and teams to support the existing EFT environment, operations, as well as help develop a modernization strategy for EFT in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Configures and troubleshoots new and existing TIBCO Managed File Transfer (MFT) installations. Manages and supports MFT Internet Server, MFT Platform Server, and MFT Command Center.
- Working with business leads to understand functional requirements, and then create technical specifications and solutions that ensure functional requirements are met efficiently.
- Validates requirements. Documents functional specifications. Develops process models and use cases.
- Monitors performance, availability and capacity of all equipment and identifying/reporting potential concerns to management.
- Contributes to incident resolution by diagnosing and troubleshooting the incidents, gathering additional information, follows change control processes, updates incident tickets with current information, proactively documenting status for each incident ticket, escalating issues to other technical resources and management as appropriate, and participate, monitors the resolution and root cause analysis process.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all MFT equipment and supporting equipment including ensuring entire environment is up-to-date by installing/applying latest security and recommended patches/fixes that are released by vendor.
- Develops and documents standard operating procedures for end users and operations personnel. Develops and documents system documentation. Develops reports.
- Maintains understanding of software industry and provides direction for further solutions.
- Provide rotational off hours support
- BS Degree and 12+ Years of experience as a Unix/Linux system administrator, network administrator, and/or application support role in IT operations. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Extensive hands-on 5 Years of experience with administration (building/updating integrations) and support for IBM Sterling (Connect:Direct on Unix, Control Center) and TIBCO Managed File Transfer (Command Center, Platform Server for Unix, Platform Server for z/OS, dni)
- Must have 5 Years of experience in design, development, testing, deployment and monitoring TIBCO Managed File Transfer (MFT)
- Must have 3 Years of experience in providing production support of TIBCO applications by troubleshooting, re-producing and fixing the bugs, testing and deploying the code fixes and enhancing the existing processes.
- Experience in Installation and Administration of TIBCO Managed File Transfer (MFT) Internet Server/Command Center and Platform Server; preferably in a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) like AWS.
- Experience in Linux, preferably RHEL Scripting and Shell.
- Experience in Networking hardware and protocol basics (OSI Model, IPv4 addressing/masking, routing protocols, ARP, NAT, VLAN, VIP, TCP/UDP)
- Experience in network security, encryption tools, etc. (SSH, VPN)
- Experience in software and hardware configuration management
- Must have Strong communication skills, customer service and interpersonal skills. Able to work independently and with a team.
- Must be able to document procedures and train others and must have documentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus.
- Must have strong analytical skills, Works closely with business analysts and team members to provide IT- and business-specific knowledge and expertise, and create solutions that are aligned.
- Experience in EDI transaction.
- AWS Certifications is a plus.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.