Field Service Engineer
Duties and responsibilities will include performing a wide variety of technical support activities by installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing x-ray and CT based security systems at customer sites.
Typically handles complex products and/or problems, and may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians. Helps develop and maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current clients.
Helps ensure unparalleled client satisfaction through the delivery and maintenance of best-in-class security and detection products and related professional services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and provides support by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of x-ray and CT based security systems of a highly complex nature.
- Prepares and conducts formal and informal training courses for customer personnel in the operation and maintenance of systems and equipment. Provides on-site technical and operator training.
- Works with customer via phone or person to identify operations/technical problems. Responds to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems during installations.
- Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for the immediate operational requirements. Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
- Conducts local visits to customer sites (airports) to help determine requirements, needs, and perceptions.
- Graduate of technical school with minimum Bachelor of Engineering in Computer, Electrical, or Communications / or military training in electronics engineering technology.
- Significant experience in field service environment, ideally in a directly applicable industry
- Specific highly skilled knowledge of x-ray, CT technologies, and company’s products and equipment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent customer interface, presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
Knowledge of complex digital and analog circuitry is required, Unix and Linux a plus.
Knowledge of complex mechanical systems, familiarity with test equipment (DVM and oscilloscope) and experience with High Voltage and X-ray producing equipment preferred.
Team player with ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously and independently. Must be available to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required. May be required from time to time to lift heavy weights.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.