**This position requires 100% travel including nights/weekends**
Leidos is seeking dynamic engineers to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role, you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) performing construction oversight for projects in support of Project Engineers, Contracting Officer’s Representatives, and Contracting Officers. The projects support Air Traffic Control facilities over the eastern third of the continental United States plus the Caribbean.
This position requires 100% travel with each assignment typically lasting weeks or months each.
Electrical Field Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Ensure general contractor complies with FAA Environmental, Safety, and Health policies
- Supervise construction of FAA projects on-site and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications
- Maintain accurate daily records of work accomplished, personnel onsite, weather conditions and other essential details
- Act as point of contact and coordinate directly with the general contractor
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule, review the general contractor’s progress reports, assess the progress and inform all stakeholders
- Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with project engineer
- Mark up drawings to as-built conditions and submit these for review and updating
- Participate in construction inspections, final inspections, and contract close-out activities
- Prepare sketches, site-specific specifications, contract documents and independent cost estimates as needed to support change proposals
- Coordinate and review work permits required for potential hazards such as lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction
- Track, reconcile and coordinate closure of acceptance punchlist
- Other duties as assigned
Electrical Field Engineer Requirements
- Must be able to pass an in-depth federal government background check (Public Trust)
- Job requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and working in unusual positions requiring full body mobility.
- Must be able to lift/carry 25 pounds
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Driver’s license issued in the U.S. required
- Candidate must establish a residence in the eastern third of the United States
- May occasionally be required to work an alternate schedule such as nights/weekends to meet the needs of the construction project
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs such as those found in Air Traffic Control towers
- May be exposed to challenging environmental conditions such as remote locations, sun, cold, heat, noise, and confined spaces.
- May occasionally be required to wear fall protection systems to access work areas
Electrical Field Engineer Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited institution required and 2+ years of relevant experience or a Master's degree .
- Working knowledge of office productivity software such as MS Word and MS Excel
- Mastery of the English language and ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
Electrical Field Engineer Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with AutoCad or Microstation
- Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Basic knowledge of OSHA construction safety regulations
- Prior construction experience
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges through science and technology.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 - $130,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.