Leidos has an opportunity for a mid-level Systems Administrator to support the EAMS Program. The ideal candidate will be joining a small team and will share the knowledge, workload and the future for a mission critical application. Must be able to work on-site in Herndon, VA. Some telework will be considered at the discretion of the prime contractor. Work hours are flexible.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitors and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Performs systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
- Provides Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Configure operating systems.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, applications/operating systems hardening, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Requires related Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years of similar experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum 2 year of experience with systems administration, including Linux or CentOS
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems & take decisive action
- Experience maintaining applications built on a PostgreSQL or Oracle database.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Experience with Keytool and OpenSSL
- Familiarity w/troubleshooting Java & Oracle applications XML Proficiency
- Experience maintaining systems in cloud environments
- Experience working with Firewalls and AWS Security Groups
- DoD 8570 Compliant holding current IAT level II baseline certification (Security+ CE, GICSP, SSCP, etc.)
- Security Clearance
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Linux+ certification
- Current RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Current CI polygraph
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional
- Knowledge of SQL Servers
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.