The Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Sr. Quality Engineer to support multiple programs. This position serves as the member of each team it supports with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality service is provided to our customer through the generation and control of program processes, performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish working relationships with coworkers/customers in various national capital region locations.
- Manage program instantiation of the Quality Management System
- Deploy and implement appropriate QMS processes
- Recommend, facilitate, track and report on continuous process improvement activities
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Report to higher level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the programs support
- Review and submit contract deliverables
- This position can support a number of possible programs across our IC portfolio. May include SW/HW development or integration, IT Services or other products/services
- Other duties as required
- Possibility of 20% remote work
- BA or BS degree and 8+ years of experience with QA and QC implementation. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an active TS/SC with a Polygraph clearance
- Lean Six-Sigma Experience
- Experience auditing to external quality standards such as ISO9001/ISO20000/AS9100/CMMI Dev or Svc
- Experienced with peer reviews and process auditing
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Ability to support limited domestic travel
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma application
- Understanding of ITIL principles (ITIL Foundation training or equivalent)
- Formal auditor training
- Experience in Software development environment
- Understanding of Configuration Management principles
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.