Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos is hiring for a TSCM / IPMS Technician to support the customer's Wireless Security Program. You will ensure the In-Place Monitoring System (IPMS) console is staffed at a rate equal to 75% of available contractor hours for each of two assigned technicians, during normal established day shift duty hours (to be coordinated with government leads). You will ensure 90% of all signals and anomalies that meet the established threat threshold are resolved within timeframes established by the Customer TSCM Program Manager. Practitioners must update and report IPMS console health status when operational capability is equal to or less than 90%. You will ensure all required reports are complete with minimal errors and that all processes, activities, and report are conducted within established time frames and ensure required Hazard reporting and annual training requirements are conducted and completed according to DoD policies and those of the Customer TSCM Program Manager. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the garrison IPMS, resolve and coordinate IPMS anomalies with garrison TSCM personnel.
- Research and investigate new or improved industry practices and tradecraft for application to the above agency programs/operations.
- Review after action and investigative reports to determine if changes or corrective action is required and develop new or modified administrative program policies, regulations, goals, or objectives, and complete and maintain IPMS projects according to time-tables established internally.
- Conduct Daily IPMS activities. Those duties include:
- Perform daily tactical analysis according to procedure guide and established timeframes.
- Perform strategic analysis according to procedure guide and within established timeframes.
- Perform daily, monthly and annual operations and maintenance tasks according to established policies and timeframes.
- Troubleshoot and repair system malfunctions and report findings/status to customer.
- Perform Radio Frequency signal of interest searches. Those duties include:
- Assess and locate signals of interested discovered during surveys, system notification and IPMS operations.
- Collaborate with appropriate entities to develop wireless security systems. Identify potential enterprise and tactical wireless security systems.
- Develop, update and maintain wireless security concept of operations.
- Identify potential opportunities for partnership across the Agency for wireless security concerns.
- Recommend and provide guidance for Agency security elements. Those duties include:
- Provide recommendations and guidance for new process and systems.
- Assist in determining best practices related to IPMS and wireless efforts.
- Be very familiar with current TSCM and CI policies.
- Ensure IPMS technicians understand and comply with IPMS regulations.
- Ensure the reporting, and reporting of IPMS issues discovered during the conduct of IPMS operations.
- Provide recommendations and guidance for Customer facilities under construction.
- Analyze complex physical and technical security issues and provide cost-effective recommendations that meet policy requirements.
- Ensure Customer compliance with ICD 705, Physical Security Standards for SCIFs, and DoD standards for collateral areas.
- Identify physical and acoustical security deficiencies and develop corrective actions to mitigate the identified deficiencies.
- Coordinate the actions of teams, projects, and/or initiatives that cover the entire spectrum of the mission of Technical Operations Branch and the TSCM mission to ensure they meet, and are consistent with, Customer’s mission, vision, goals, values, and operational structure, and the organization, mission and goals of the National and DoD CI communities. In the course of the above, analyze and evaluate proposed changes in mission, operating procedures and delegations of authority.
- Coordinate IPMS operations, to include internal and external correspondence, resource allocation, personnel management, inventory control system, training program and policy development (requires extensive coordination and liaison not only within Customer, but external to Customer as well with DoD, IC agencies, and the military services).
- Provide input on financial budgeting criteria and Program Objective Memorandum (POM) submissions, including funding for projects necessary to further the research and development of technical requirements to ensure technological advantage is maintained.
- Conduct IPMS operations consistent with National and DoD policies governing the employment of TSCM tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Ensure all personnel assigned to the IPMS mission are trained in accordance with National standards for the conduct of TSCM operations and are qualified to operate the in-garrison IPMS.
- Generate finished correspondence, documents, briefing materials, spread sheets and threat reports in accordance with Customer guidelines, as required.
- Prepare specialized technical risk assessment products, TSCM reports of inquiry, after action reports, tailored briefings, and other administrative communication necessary to support the CI mission.
- Provide technical advice and assistance as it relates to CI and TSCM.
- Assist Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA) with technical security plans, policy and execution; assess electronic processing equipment for security vulnerabilities.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance required. Candidate will be subject to a Polygraph examination.
- Minimum of seven years CI experience, of which at least five of those years include federal TSCM experience.
- Experience operating an automated campus-wide IPMS system; experience with RF theory and RF direction-finding
- Interagency Training Center (ITC) TSCM Certification and complete at least 40 hours of discipline-specific development or refresher training every fiscal year. The training delivery may include classroom, on-line, or commercially-available training, or exercise. The Customer customer will sponsor Government-offered, discipline-specific development or refresher training IAW National and DoD standards. However, Customer will NOT sponsor TSCM Fundamentals certification as this is a requirement on day 1. The contractor will be responsible for funding associated with this certification and all commercial-offered training.
- TSCM Cyber certification (TSCM Fundamentals graduation will suffice, with an expectation for "TSCM for Information Systems" (ITC) or equivalent)
- A+, Network+, and Sec+ Certifications in accordance with DoD 8140 requirements.
- Telephone security experience (i.e. with Telephone Security Group (TSG) requirements).
- RF Engineering background, and be a credentialed graduate of an accredited federal or DoD CI training academy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
Favorable if you have:
- Possess post-graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.