We are seeking an Associate Substation Drafter in our Houston office who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically our Power Delivery Services (PDS) division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients nationwide.
The Associate Substation Drafter will work under the mentorship of a seasoned drafter in a fast paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using MicroStation and AutoCAD software for various utility clients. This individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete assignments at a high level of quality, efficiency, and productivity as required for execution of substation projects. This individual is expected to develop skills in the field of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and the ability to work with increased independence.
In this role the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Complete drafting assignments on Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications drawings including but not limited to Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope.
- Complete drafting assignments on Physical Electrical drawings including but not limited to General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope.
- Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 0-1 years of relevant drafting and detailing experience with MicroStation V7/V8/V8i and/or AutoCAD 2013.
- Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
- Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
- Proficiency with Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
- Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
- Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range $31,200.00 - $48,000.00 - $64,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.