Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We are seeking a Substation Electrical Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Services Operation organization; specifically, our Power Delivery division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Mission Leidos Engineering is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Power Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career. Share your resume with us today!
- Perform Physical Electrical, Protection and Control, SCADA Systems, Station Communications and Station Automation design on small to medium sized utility substation engineering projects with medium complexity.
- Perform medium to advanced complexity engineering calculations to support engineering design.
- Assist senior engineers with engineering studies.
- Prepare project deliverables including but not limited to engineered drawings, technical reports, project-related correspondence and miscellaneous project documentation.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines as required. Should be able to assess the impacts of design changes on other disciplines to pick the best solution.
- Perform Quality Control reviews on smaller projects.
- Prepare portions of smaller proposals under the direction of project engineers.
- Provide drawing counts and manhour estimates for small to medium sized projects.
- Assist the team with the development of processes and procedures to improve project execution efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records and files and a high level of organization.
- Take opportunities to improve technical knowledge and understanding of the work.
- Develop and provide moderate complexity technical presentations to the team to assist with training and staff development.
- Assist project engineer with project-related technical support to field personnel during construction.
- Support Leidos’ goals and represent the company positively and professionally.
What Sets you Apart:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a B.S. degree
- 1– 2 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a M.S. degree
You Might Also Have:
- Registered Engineer In Training (EIT)
- Active membership in national engineering societies (IEEE, PES, etc.)
- Proficiency with Bentley ProjectWise data management system.
- Solid understanding of the function and application of major substation electrical and control house equipment
- Competence in applying basic theories and principals involved in substation engineering.
- Keen focus on quality and an appreciation for high quality deliverables.
- Understanding of the importance of quality and quality control in our industry.
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to meet deadlines under high pressure situations.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $117,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.