Leidos is looking for an Agile Product Owner to join our team responsible for the integration, operations, and sustainment of various operational and in-development geospatial systems. This position will manage a team made up of systems engineers and software configuration management SMEs tasked to deliver the next generation of Geospatial Intelligence technologies to our customer. A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies and the various tools necessary to run agile teams, as well as the ability to participate in release planning events, daily scrums, and other technical discussions as needed. The effort will harness GOTS, COTS and Custom technologies to deliver advanced production and dissemination capabilities using desktop, web and cloud technologies.
- Develop the team roadmap and support the team as needed to deliver on commitments
- Plan and prioritize epics, features, stories
- Help define, document, and track the completion of Epics, Stories, Tasks
- Communicate with other Product owners and scrum masters, program leadership, customers, and development teams
- Support agile meetings such as daily scrum, retrospectives, and program increment planning
- Develop/Update/Manage architectural baselines for multiple cloud based technologies
- Drive efforts to optimize/reduce cloud costs across multiple cloud accounts
- Lead the execution of the Program Change Control Process
- Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Defines and manages the team roadmap
- Develops and proposes new ideas regarding technical solutions and processes
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Agile Development knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Capacity to work well in groups and the ability to lead a team
- Communicates regularly with key internal and external stakeholders often regarding critical/high priority issues
- Active Top Secret Clearance and the ability to achieve TS/SCI with CI Poly
- SAFe Agile Certification
- 2 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master
- Understanding of AWS/Cloud technologies
- Proven experience managing multiple baselines across multiple environments
- Experience with collaboration tools including Jira/Confluence and Rocketchat
- Experience with ArcGIS or geospatial technologies
This position has a target range for compensation of $168,000 - $195,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.