Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Transmission & Distribution Construction Manager who will work alongside management, construction crews and lead engineers for various clients within the electric power delivery industry that has EPC/Design Build project construction management experience in the northeast/New England region of the country
The Construction Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation and transmission line projects nationwide.
Construction Manager Travel Requirements:
- Expect up to 100% travel to work sites
- Manage the overall construction activities on assigned projects, including but not limited to material management, construction (EPC) and logistics efforts for a large scaled program consisting of multiple EPC/Design Build and Logistics contractors for an investor-owned electric utility in north-eastern United States.
- Responsible for the development of and/or review of construction plans, outage coordination, commissioning planning and safety planning.
- Interfaces directly with the client to report progress, costs, schedule and risks across a portfolio of transmission and distribution project.
- Interfaces with multiple Project Managers, schedulers, project controllers and engineers that oversee direct assigned work to general and logistics contractors.
- Conducts on site construction management briefings and prepare reports reflecting project status, schedule and project uncertainties.
- Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple program and function support areas including: client, EPC project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Ensures compliance with utility client standards and processes.
- Responsible for contractor evaluations, project reconciliations and close out activities following completion of projects.
- Oversee various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule and budgets.
- May be required to work extended work hours during certain phases of construction efforts and as project requirements may dictate.
- Provide storm outage support (emergency response planning).
- Write comprehensive and technical and project reports
To be considered for the following levels:
- Standard Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of four (4) + years of relevant Primavera P6 scheduling experience
- Senior Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of eight (8) + years of relevant Primavera P6 scheduling experience
- SME Level: Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Construction Management, Business or Finance required with a minimum of eight (12) + years of relevant Primavera P6 scheduling experience
Construction Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required.
- Extensive experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects with expert knowledge in managing large scaled Transmission and Distribution Programs.
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Periodic travel is required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.