Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Training Developer in Orlando, Florida to support a critical Navy effort named Sailor 2025 RRL.
In context of RRL, Content Conversion focuses on the instructional design, strategies, media, and content within a given course. The effort requires using Fleet-validated data and designing, developing, and delivering improved training products that meet the concepts of innovative instructional systems design and modernized technologies. Content Conversion is far more involved than simply converting existing media from one format to another (e.g. converting PowerPoint or Flash files to HTML5) and includes correcting content errors and resolving content discrepancies in erroneous data as part of the effort. Content Conversion is coupled with, but distinct from, Courseware Modernization, which focuses on the delivery of training curricula – the timing and point of need along a Sailor’s Career Long Learning Continuum (CLLC), the delivery system(s) and supporting Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) architecture, and the recording of learning event data for analytics.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with other ISDs/Training Developers, Technical Writers, System and Software Engineers, and subject matter experts to develop effective adult learning opportunities for customer training audience.
- In collaboration with other ISDs/Training Developers, candidate will design and develop content/instruction and other learning solutions that prepare students with the knowledge needed to carry out their mission as defined by role and task.
- Perform Task Analysis on newly developed software as required.
- Develop/Design content/courses incorporating technology into the design and delivery.
- Consult with instructors and subject matter experts to determine instructional requirements, collect data, customize design proposals, and implement solutions.
- Collaborate with technical developers/designers to produce media that supports instructional goals and objectives.
- Analyze, evaluate, observe courses to propose and plan design improvements.
- Collect, analyze, report, and use quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions or projects.
- Use a range of educational technologies in support of synchronous, asynchronous, and self-service teaching and learning.
- BA degree in related technical field and 2-4 years prior relevant experience, OR, A Master’s Degree in Instructional Systems Design related technical field with 1-2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Navy Training Product development and IETM development processes.
- Strong working knowledge of the software development process.
- Experience in writing of all levels of Training and Technical Publication documentation/products IAW with Navy and DOD standards.
- Experience in developing contract deliverables per Data Item Descriptions.
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to brief various audiences on status of projects, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and work with technical staff.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint, and XML authoring tools).
- A DoD SECRET clearance is required to be considered.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Experience working on training development projects, especially Agile based development programs, within DOD, and specifically the US Navy.
- Currently possess or be able to gain an active DoD TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $75,000.00 - $101,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.