Leidos is looking for an experienced and motivated Principal Cyber Systems Developer with technical hands-on knowledge for the development and engineering of applications and systems used to monitor and protect the Leidos corporate network. The Principal Cyber Systems Developer will be a part of the Leidos Cybersecurity Intelligence & Response Team (CSIRT) architecting, developing, and supporting custom developed tools, FOSS tools, COTs tool and operationalizing new equipment and deployment of systems to further extend and maintain our visibility. The Principal Cyber Systems Developer’s role is to continue improvement of current solutions, ensure the stability, integrity, identify visibility gaps, remain on top of new trends in technology and threat landscape while continuing to help the security posture of the enterprise information technology systems. Duties include monitoring, maintaining, provisioning, and resolving visibility, software, and infrastructure issues within both cloud and physical environments, and developing new techniques, software, automations, and tools for addressing technical issues within the team while also being available for mentoring for and knowledge sharing with other CSIRT Team members.
The Principal Cyber Systems Developer will apply analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of infrastructure systems investments and increase visibility across the Leidos organization. This role will be a part of a team of skilled and dedicated individuals that support our tool sets and the associated development and QA environments.
This role allows telework with the expectation that less than 5% travel may be required.
· At least 8+ years of prior relevant experience in a developer role.
· Proficiency in Linux (Redhat or Ubuntu).
· Proven knowledge of accessing during filesystems types from with Linux.
· Proven background in software development, integration, deployment, and sustainment preferably with Python3.
· Research, develop, and implement solutions to help monitor systems, improve performance, optimize, and reduce potential outages of application and systems with emphasis on being proactive.
· Act as liaison with other cross-functional groups and management personnel to ensure accuracy and timeliness of production, and non-production activities.
· Knowledge of standard python data structures and demonstrated efficiency with how data structures are utilized.
· Actively participate with development, maintenance, and validation of the disaster recovery plan.
· Actively contribute to security evaluations and stay current on threat landscape.
· Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment and share concepts and ideas to projects.
· Ensure issue resolutions are communicated, and expectations met in a timely and effective manner.
· Understand containerization vs virtualization vs cloud and when to use which technology as well as explain why.
· Experience in CI/CD, unit testing, and deployment automation.
· Experience with architecting solutions from concept to end.
· Understanding of Cyber Security concepts and technologies both FOSS, COTS, and custom developed solutions.
· Understanding of networking and network troubleshooting
· Understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI model
· Proficiency in database RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies
· Understanding reverse engineering concepts
· Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in Information Technology. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
· Availability to work on-call schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
· Expert understanding of Linux based environments & associated services.
· Experience in Python3 including API and multiprocessed/multithreaded architectures.
· High-level understanding of enterprise storage and networking fundamentals.
· Understanding of RDBMS development and architectures.
· Understanding of NoSQL development and architectures.
· Scripting & automation experience (Python & Bash).
· Attention to requirements and requirements gathering.
· Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Ability and willingness to work within a team and independently depending upon the assignment.
· Willingness to work on tasks outside of normal duties when needed.
Preferred Hands on Experience with the following:
· Linux variants (RedHat and Ubuntu) and custom developed packages and modules
· Automation tools Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet
· Cloud environments like AWS and Azure
· Network stack/routing and interconnectivity
· large data stores such as SANS, DAS, and cloud storage
· Palo Alto XSOAR
· Full Packet Capture Systems
· IDS/IPS Systems
· Cyber defense and/or cyber intelligence concepts are a plus
· System and application hardening
· Machine Learning or AI
· Neo4j or other graphDB
· Offensive or defensive cyber activities is preferred, but not required.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.