The selected individual will be responsible for maintaining system administration support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails supporting solutions for system engineering requests that continues to meet operational needs as well as upgrading and maintaining capabilities. The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple air-gapped systems which have individual domains, supporting infrastructure, and maintaining a complex IT environment with multiple logins and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. The position requires an energetic, focused, and driven individual who can adapt well to a changing environment. Ideally, the selected candidate will possess strong system administration skills and troubleshooting skills or adapt quickly and complete various system administration network-centric undertakings.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
This individual will be responsible for installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes, and for ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible for ensuring server and desktop configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently. The individual will also perform security management and application performance optimization functions. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Administration/sustainment of a system that provides a web-based application for storing, sharing, and distributing information.
- Creating and maintaining complex server enclaves, including analyzing system scanning reports, patching, cert renewals, vulnerability management assessments, and active directory configurations.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems and developing re-work solutions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of complex server/network environments to ensure that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution.
- Communicating with users and external support personnel regarding system outages and upgrades and conferring with upper management regarding recommended resolution options.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related technical field and eight (8) years of experience as a systems administrator. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must be proficient with Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019, and Active Directory.
- Must have experience with Linux and Microsoft-based servers and workstations.
- Must have experience with Windows 2019.
- Must have experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
- Must have experience with software/hardware deployment, patches, and operating systems, basic system backup and restore functions.
- Must have experience with and/or be familiar with SALT, Ansible, Splunk, Puppet, SolarWinds, Nessus.
- Must have experience with and/or have knowledge of Red Hat 7 and 8, and VMWare.
- Must have experience with Apache Tomcat, IIS, and/or SQL server database experience.
- Must have direct experience providing assistance to end users.
- Must have experience optimizing system operations.
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
- Must have experience or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
- Occasional day or short duration travel may be required.
- Proficiency with SQL Server desired.
- Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification. Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards. Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
- Experience with High Assurance platforms and application integration testing methods.
- Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, reimaging hardware.
- Experience with disk arrays, PowerShell and PowerCLI, KVMs,
- Knowledge of PKI systems which uses HSMs to validate key and NTP for synchronization.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.