Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an HVAC Mechanical Engineer based in Springfield, VA.
The Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Work with other Government and Contractor engineers to perform the Facility Engineering Program tasking
- 3D design experience in solid modeling programs such as SolidWorks, Unigraphics or Pro-E is a plus
- Provide professional engineering support for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) planning for Contractor supported locations and facilities
- Support equipment within the designated strategic (fixed), tactical and mobile facilities or mission equipment shelters and systems inside or outside the secure areas
- Provide testing and balancing services and support for air and water systems
- Review engineering design proposals, design drawings, specifications and other technical document submissions and recommend improvements
- Provide advice and guidance to Government engineers involving all aspects of HVAC facilities design, construction, operation and maintenance or repair
- Review reports and studies to identify deficiencies and participate in the planning of construction/redesign programs
- Utilize appropriate software and hardware tools to track load changes or other parameters of design, construction, operation and maintenance and repair
- Establish energy and heat load budgets with the objective of identifying current deficiencies, anticipating future requirements and estimating factors to be included in construction planning
- Evaluate and recommend methods of load control (including remote and tele-metering techniques) to reduce utility demand and costs
- Prepare design concepts, program development brochures, MILCON programming documents, cost estimates, economic analyses, plans and specifications, and all related construction project documentation for construction projects to be executed through contract or with Government in-house resources
- Inspect construction projects or existing facilities to identify deficiencies, recommend changes, ascertain compliance with plans and specifications or for other designated purposes
- Provide guidance, direction and assistance to technicians working in related disciplines
- Maintain technical liaison and communication between on-site technicians and the COR
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Supervision of plant operations, maintenance and repair of physical plant systems and equipment including large-scale HVAC plants and distribution systems
- Resident engineering experience on construction projects with large, complex and highly sophisticated HVAC Systems
- Experience with Direct Digital Control (DDC) and Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Active TS/SCI required to start
- Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of automatic control systems
- Fluent in English, including the ability to read, write and comprehend technical documentation, schematics and diagrams written under the ANSI standards
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.