Provide general program information and/or general position overview. Example: The [Name] Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a [Job Title] to work in our [City, State] office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the [Contract/Program Name] mission. In this mission we…
1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Monitoring and Tools Engineer to support our Blacksburg Virginia Enterprise IT Operations Center. The Monitoring and Tools Engineer will receive on the job and formal training and will be required to gain expertise in multiple systems administration areas. This is viewed as a critical role within the Monitoring & Tools Team and will contribute substantially to the team’s success.
- Perform account management tasks including adding, changing, and deleting user accounts in a secure RBAC environment.
- Provide asset management workflow support
- Perform tools configuration for SL1, Service Now, SolarWinds, NetLineDancer, PRTG and others. Tasks include configuring and upgrading monitoring platforms, onboarding new devices for monitoring, adjusting monitoring thresholds, and ensuring devices are monitoring and alerting as required.
- Perform tools integration tasks so the 1901 Group tools stack efficiently shares data across the platform. Integration may be performed via Python and other scripting languages, system API, or tools configuration.
- Provide system upgrade support during tools platform upgrades and provide on-call support to ensure system availability.
- Learn new tools and skills to assist in operations and maintenance of the tools stack as it evolves over time.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years experiencec or we will accept additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Exposure to TCP/IP and other basic networking, and a desire to learn deeper networking skills.
- Exposure to Python or other similar programming languages, and a desire to learn Python skills.
- Positive attitude and high-energy approach to IT support. Desire to learn, work, and grow in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proactive attitude toward ensuring all stakeholders are aware of tools activities and changes.
- After training, must have the ability to independently drive tasks to conclusion with minimal supervision and oversight.
- Windows and/or Linux server administration skills.
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills.
- Strong SL1/SolarWinds administration skills.
- Experience configuring enterprise tools such as ScienceLogic SL1, SolarWinds, NetLineDancer, PRTG, Microsoft System Center, etc.
- Experience automating assigned tasks utilizing Python, PowerShell, bash or other scripting languages.
- IT Operations-related technical certifications (A+, Net+, Sec+, MTA, MCSA, RHCSA, CCNA, etc.)
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 - $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.