If you’re looking for meaningful work, this job with Leidos could be the place for you. The Test and Training Enabling Architecture (TENA) program at Leidos is looking to add a Senior System Administrator. Our mission is to develop tools for the United States Department of Defense test and training communities to help speed up the development cycle to get capabilities to the warfighter sooner. The Senior System Administrator will work within a team 20 developers and two other system administrators adding new capabilities to our enclaves as well as ensuring the existing systems are performing well and secure. This position is in Alexandria, VA and you must be able to obtain a Secret level clearance to be considered for this position.
This position would allow up to 2 days a week to work remotely, but being able to work onsite in Alexandria, VA as needed is a requirement.
- Provide support for installing and maintaining Linux servers.
- Provide technical leadership for migrating on premise infrastructure to hybrid cloud solution.
- Provide support for troubleshooting from OS to application-level issues.
- Manage networking equipment including switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Manage configuration and maintenance of core enclave infrastructure services including DCHP, DNS, e-mail, Apache Web Servers, Tomcat application servers, Atlassian applications, MariaDB database servers.
- Configure and monitor security tools required for DoD networks.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions related to improving the capabilities, performance, and security posture of new and existing services.
- 12+ years of relevant experience doing system administration on Linux servers, networking equipment and security monitoring equipment.
- Minimum of five years of experience providing System Administration to DoD IT systems.
- DoD 8570 IAT level I compliant.
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- 15+ years of experience providing System Administration to DoD IT systems.
- DoD 8570 IAT level III compliant.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $162,000.00 - $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.