Leidos is currently seeking a Computer Imaging Technician Team Lead. This individual will lead a small, technical “build team” providing both expertise and leadership in building and configuring workstations (conventional workstations, scientific workstations, laptops, etc.). The team has a challenging mission—to build over 1,000 devices each week—and therefore must operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
***This position is currently in Springfield, VA, but will relocate to Herndon VA in Q4 of 2024 or Q1 of 2025.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead team of 5 Computer Imaging Technicians.
- Interface with the Leidos program management office and customer front office.
- Participate in leadership meetings; provide weekly/monthly corporate and customer reports.
- Collaborate with customer support teams for testing and troubleshooting network images.
- Communicate and track network outages that impact the team’s production.
- Communicate with stakeholders to address issues that will impact expected deliverables.
- Ensure team is following processes and procedures. Hold direct reports accountable.
- Run metrics and provide analysis on team production.
- Document updates and changes to SOPs.
- Assign tickets to team and follow up to ensure assignments are completed on time.
- Work with HR to address personnel issues.
- Provide performance evaluations as well as coaching and mentoring; create training plans for team members.
- Master our customer’s local and wide area networks. Master required software installs.
- Manage disks in accordance with customer security policies.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions.
- Liaise with customer configuration teams tracking software issues when new builds have been distributed for implementation.
- Report network issues for connectivity and or security concerns.
- Manage customer-based queues; schedule and assign tasks.
- Review tasks to ensure all equipment is available for customer configuration requirements.
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as a liaison between the project management team and the delivery team.
- BS and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience. Five years of relevant experience can be substituted for an undergraduate degree.
- Relevant experience leading personnel in a technical position in a secure environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a people leader, particularly in the areas of team prioritization, collaborative communication, and multi-tasking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify errors in the imaging process, document and convey errors, and provide trouble shooting assistance to appropriate IT support teams.
- Ability to complete multiple assignments within tight timeframes.
- Experience with programming, software development, systems integration.
- Experience with Systems Administration duties.
- Experience in a warehouse environment.
- Logistics experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.