Gibbs & Cox, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is the largest independent naval architecture and marine engineering firm in the United States. Since our founding in 1929, 24 classes of combatants and nearly 7,000 vessels have been built to Gibbs & Cox designs. We proudly support military and commercial clients in the U.S. and internationally with all phases of marine design, construction, and lifecycle management. Our passion is solving our customers’ 21st century maritime challenges with quality and integrity.
Currently we are searching for a Full-time Experienced Surface Warfare Radar Subject Matter Expert to support Naval and AEGIS Tactical training in San Diego, CA.
- Develops, organizes, and conducts radar classroom and tactical lab training and evaluation in support of Surface Combat Systems Training.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert and training advisor to train US Navy Fleet sailors in the tactical employment of the AN/SPQ-9B Air and Surface Search Radar, AN/SPS-48E/G and or A/N SPS-49 Air Search Radars and Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC).
- Plans, briefs, evaluates, and debriefs classes and provides instruction on the tactical employment techniques of Air Search Radars through class room and practical scenarios based on current Navy-wide operational tasking, doctrine, tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise in support of curriculum development for SCSTC courses supporting present and future course development and support the Train to Qualify (T2Q) and Train to Certify (T2C) process utilizing shore-based trainer requiring dynamic training and assessment of watch standers during integrated scenarios.
- Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
- Provides primary instruction in Radar Systems on AEGIS and SSDS surface combatant platforms.
- Reviews and analyzes U.S. Navy Combat System Engineering Capabilities and Limitations and U.S. Navy Operational and Tactical doctrine and integrates and conceptualizes the execution of Doctrine optimizing the application of ship's Combat Systems capabilities and limitation in the dynamic operational tactical environment.
- Conducts dynamic assessment of the sailors’ abilities to comply with approved maintenance and operational procedures and thereafter provides formal appraisal of performance with recommendations for improvement and methods to maintain technical and tactical proficiency.
- This SME position carries a high level of exposure, and commands focus, flexibility, and the desire to continuously learn from each of their fellow team members. If this describes you, we urge you to apply today!
- Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years US Navy surface warfare combat systems/platform experience with carriers, DDGs, CGs, LCS, large deck, smaller amphibious ships, or land-based test sites.
- Experience as a qualified AN/SPQ-9B Radar Technician (NEC FC V40A or Legacy FC 1326) and/or AN/SPS-48E/G Search Radar Technician (NEC FC V22A, V09B or Legacy FC 1140, 1575) and/or Radar AN/SPS-49A(V) Technician (NEC FC V28B, V99A or Legacy FC 9610, 1510) is required.
- Advanced knowledge of CEC capabilities and limitations with application to SSDS is desired. Experience as an Operator Supervisor or Maintenance Technician desired.
- U.S. Citizenship and Active Secret Security Clearance are required.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and easily readable technical correspondence to document reviews of technical recommendations following technical reviews and collating of comments.
- Articulate in oral and written presentations; possess high organizational skills and the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Experience working dynamic programs with fluctuating scope and integrated coordination of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Possess an understanding of US Navy system architecture across logical, functional, hardware, software components.
- Possess operational knowledge of US Navy combatants, weapon systems, and threats.
- Additionally, must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the team and customers.
- Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Prior SCSTC/ATRC/TACTRAGRU instructor experience is a significant plus.
- Travel may be up required to 10 % of time.
- Two (2) years’ experience’ with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is preferred.
- A formal degree or the combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work/military experience supporting engineering or analysis experience is always a plus.
- B.S. or Advanced Degree in engineering, analysis, or related discipline desired but not required.
- Experience with training and readiness of Navy vessels.
- Master Training Specialist.
Pay Range:Pay Range $49,400.00 - $89,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.