Are you ready to work on a program that can potentially change the world? Come put your configuration management skills into action! Leidos has an opening for a talented Configuration Management (CM) Specialist to work on a program with cloud integration and sustainment of mission critical applications and systems. A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies as well as the ability to participate in release planning events, daily scrums, and other technical discussions as needed. This role will support all activities owned by the CM team including documentation, software management, architecture diagrams, cloud cost control methodologies and reporting, and other projects while requiring significant collaboration with other teams, program management, and customer stakeholders.
The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
The CM Specialist will be responsible for CM of developmental and operational systems. Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems. Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implements CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Performs change control and configuration audits.
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Track and enforce configuration management policy for all hardware and software. Must be familiar with Jira.
- Conduct inventory requirements as set by the contract and customer annually and quarterly.
- Develop and update CM Plans and provide input/review to other team members.
- Be proficient at capturing overall system status and reflecting risk through Plan of Action and Milestones (PoAM) process and ensuring information assurance processes and requirements do not put operational capability of the system at risk.
- Maintain Software/Hardware Management Plan and procedures.
- Maintain inventory of GOTS, COTS licenses and hardware.
- Prepare reports and management information, including impact analysis reports and configuration status reports.
- Responsible for CM planning including organizing audits of the IT infrastructure.
- Identifies new configuration items, configuration status accounting, and assists in configuration audits.
- Continuously implement and maintain automated enterprise CM solutions (e.g., SCCM, etc.) for all possible IT functions while identifying limitations and manual steps for this approach.
- Host and document Engineering Review Board (ERB) meetings and develop reports and templates as required.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- 4-8 years’ experience as a Configuration Manager and/or Systems Engineer using tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Nexus as well CM databases.
- Proven experience managing multiple baselines across multiple environments.
- Experience with Agile/SAFe development methodologies.
- Experience with Total Asset Management (TAM) of customer equipment.
- Experience with team collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat, Service+).
- Experience with Confluence and/or SharePoint.
- Experience acquiring software and associated management of licenses.
- Demonstrated understanding of AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience optimizing AWS capabilities balancing Cost and Performance
- Experience establishing or significantly improving an existing CM system and process.
- Experience leading Change Management Teams
- Experience improving and auditing deployment processes.
- Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Experience with Government processes and procedures including SWAP, SWIDs, and other CM taskings.
This position has a target range for compensation of $90,000 - $100,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.