Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer (SWE) for the ATS Geospatial Content Management System (AGCMS). The SWE will be responsible for sustainment activities and will manage all aspects of analyst generated spatial data for NGA. AGCMS utilizes ESRI products to manage storage, discovery, access, dissemination, and processing in a cloud environment.
In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
As a leader you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines, and other resource constraints.
Position can also be performed in the following locations:
- Alexandria, VA
- St. Louis, MO
- Tucson, AZ
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects.
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by the rest of the development team.
- Help build, manage, and mentor multi-disciplined teams executing Agile processes using best-of-breed tools.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation and promote collaboration across teams and projects.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve our software deliverables.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- US citizenship is required per contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated technical skills with data management and working knowledge of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience with ArcGIS Server to create and manage GIS Web services, applications, and data.
- Experience with GeoServer to share, process, and edit geospatial data.
- Experience with Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards-based web services such as Web Map Service (WMS), Web Coverage Service (WCS), Web Feature Service (WFS), Web Processing Service (WPS), and Web Map Tile Service (WMTS).
- Experience with building front-end or back-end Java applications or Django Python.
- Experience with Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and RESTful web services.
- Experience with positively leading teams to delivery along with hands on support with development.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git, and Jenkins).
- Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
This position has a target range for compensation of $14,000 - $160,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.