The Maritime Systems Division (MSD) of Leidos develops, integrates, and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions for a range of customers across the Department of Defense (DoD). Our Lynnwood, WA facility is expanding its operations based on significant business growth and is seeking new talent to join our world-class lean manufacturing team. We are building a production capability from the ground up for a diverse range of innovative products that created the opportunity for a Electro-Mechanical Production Technician.
In addition, this role will require an individual that has dedication to superior workmanship and quality, as well as the flexibility to be cross trained.
Your primary responsibilities for this important role include:
- Assembly of complex electro-mechanical systems and sub-systems including experience with polyurethane encapsulation and soldering.
- Test and data collection using a variety of lab equipment such as: Oscilloscopes, Digital Multimeters, Impedance Analyzers.
- Maintain high quality standards of workmanship.
- Ensuring an organized and clean workspace (5S) including total preventive maintenance of equipment, tooling, and fixtures.
- Foster the environment of continuous improvement with the use of industry best practices such as Root Cause Analysis and Kaizen.
- Value the importance of following precise Standard Work instructions while contributing to their improvement.
- Cross train in different skills.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- A background in the development, production, delivery, and ongoing support of sophisticated electro-mechanical products.
- Assemble small components into a space restricted subsystem.
- Proficiency with basic hand tools, power tools, and shop equipment.
- Must be able to lift over 40 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand assembly drawings using CAD.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Experience with Electrostatic Discharge Safety, Foreign Object Debris, and EH&S requirements.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
- Solder certification.
- Hazmat handling experience.
- Experience operating an overhead jib/crane.
- Forklift experience
- Experience picking parts and kitting work orders.
- Production stress screen machine setup, operation, and changeover experience.
- Experience assembling products in single piece flow.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards
- Experience in world-class lean manufacturing
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $69,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.