Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. With Leidos, you will enjoy competitive benefits such as 5 weeks of paid time off (PTO), flexible schedules, discounted stock purchase plans, unlimited education and training support, parental paid leave, and more!
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Looking for an exciting new challenge? Want to work with a team of top-notch technical experts on cutting-edge technologies? We have just the opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team and work on a multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of large collection systems. This Leidos-led prime contract is critical to the government and allows our team members to work autonomously and explore new technologies. As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will play a key role in providing full engineering lifecycle support to the customer on complex data systems and networks. This is a tremendous opportunity to work on emerging technologies and solve challenging problems with true mission relevance. Don't miss out on this incredible chance to be a part of a dynamic and innovative team!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Mission:
- Provide solutions to the customer by applying expertise in systems engineering and networks/components.
- Provide technical guidance to the customer in relation to SIGINT systems.
- Position requires periodic on-call support as well as periodic OCONUS travel (approximately 1x per year).
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Evaluate and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to conclude its suitability for project implementation.
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to technical or engineering issues.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status of all technical aspects of their project.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for the project.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Processes Areas.
What Sets You Apart:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus ten (10) years of systems engineering experience. OR A High School Diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of general systems engineering experience (any process area).
- Scripting with Python.
- LINUX or UNIX administration/maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of SIGINT systems and/or dataflows.
- Experience integrating, installing, configuring, changing, and optimizing hardware and software solutions into an overall system architecture.
- Experience designing and developing large-scale systems containing subsystems and requiring integration with external systems.
- Experience with requirements definition, system design, development, and training.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized, and able to manage individual schedule.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and non-standard hours when needed.
- Candidates with system administration and/or network engineering backgrounds will be considered case-by-case if they have all the above experience.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance (to be considered for this role).
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.