The Public Health Portfolio of Leidos is seeking a Public Health Informatics SME in Atlanta, GA to support the CDC OCIO Cloud Modernization program.
Role is fully telecommuting - must reside w/in the United States.
This CDC OCIO Cloud Modernization program assists the CDC in migrating over 400 applications from on-premises to cloud solutions.
The Health Informatics SME is responsible for working with the client to guide development of health informatics solutions.
The Health Informatics SME will:
- Work with the client to understand the application’s functional requirements. Be able to translate functional requirements into user stories that can be used by the development and testing resources to develop and test the application.
- Work with system/cloud architects to scope, design, and, if necessary, design public health informatics solutions in a cloud environment
- Apply public health and health informatics experience to translate needs into technical requirements and assist system/cloud architects in designing data ingestion and ETL pipelines.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field required.
- Must have 8+ years of relevant experience, which may include supporting public health surveillance programs, including designing, developing, and implementing electronic clinical and lab data pipelines and systems to conduct surveillance efforts with public health agencies.
- Requires experience in public health informatics with public health agencies (at the federal or state/local level) and/or public health labs, including but not limited to familiarity with public healthdata standards (HL7 v2, CDA, FHIR), case and laboratory reporting, and/or epidemiological analytics.
- Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Science in Health Informatics, Master of Science in Bioinformatics, Master of Science in Information Systems, or similar quantitative degree preferred
- Preferred to have experience with architecting complex clinical and lab data workflows in Azure cloud pipelines (Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, Azure Functions, Azure Event Hubs), or equivalents in AWS and/or GCP.
- Strong familiarity with Jira and Confluence is a plus
Ability to Obtain NACI clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.