Leidos has an immediate need for an Network Operations Tier-3/SME to support the AEGIS contract at NASA's Goddard Space Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD / Virginia / District of Columbia (DC) area. This position will support NASA’s Mission Network supporting the International Space Station, JWST, Hubble, Artemis, as well as most NASA Satellite Missions. The AEGIS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide.
The position is in NASCOM Operations Management Center (NOMC), a 24X7 network operation center. Candidate will be required to work weekends and holidays. Candidate will need to be available to work standard and non-standard shifts both for assigned launches, unique Mission activities, and to provide coverage during operator absences. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Providing Tier 3 support for troubleshooting Incidents/Problems as part of the escalation of day-to-day activities in support of NASA missions.
- Using a variety of network management and diagnostic tools for monitoring, troubleshooting communications-related and node/application related problems.
- Operating and maintaining NASA unique hardware.
- Resolving real-time network, data flow, and voice communications problems while working with other NASA Centers and customers
- Processing Return Material Authorizations (RMA) for various vendor H/W.
- Supporting Network Engineering with the integration and testing of new systems and services into the Mission Network.
- Integrating new Enterprise-wide tools into the Mission Network.
- Planning and execution of Mission Events as a Mission Communications Manager.
- Scheduling of planned outages of Network Systems and Services and the processing of exemptions to Mission Freeze activities.
- Developing and updating Mission Operations Documentation, both written and graphical.
- Training of Console Operators in accordance with existing certification guides.
Basic Qualifications. Required Skills:
BS degree in a related field & 10 years of experience or High School & 15 years of experience.
- Advanced knowledge of HP Network Node Manager (NNMi) Network Management Systems including ability to troubleshoot Tier 3 level issues.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP technology including IP addressing (IPV4 and IPV6), subnet masking.
- Advanced knowledge of the Command Line interface for Juniper and Cisco Routers and switches
- Ability to evaluate and quickly respond to real-time dataflow issues to support customer Service Levels
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network issues in both a LAN and large WAN environment which includes firewalls and network taps.
- Knowledge of WAN protocols such as MPLS, SONE
- Knowledge of transmission principals including T1, T3, DS-3 &OC-3/48;
- Knowledge of performing traceroutes, executing ping test, performing/evaluating data captures
- Knowledge of serial interfaces including RS-232, V.35 and RS-449
- Ability to process trouble tickets
- Knowledge of Network Management Systems
- Knowledge of Voice Communications and its transmission over an Internet Protocol Network
- Ability to use standard networking troubleshooting and monitoring tools, eg. BERTS, iPerf, Wireshark, MRTG, CACTI
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Advanced knowledge of Juniper, Cisco, and Ciena Routers and switches
- Holder of one or more network certifications CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, etc.
- Expert-Level knowledge of HP Network Node Manager (NNMi) Network Management Systems with the ability to create collections, topology maps, develop performance monitoring reports and integrate NNMi in a Cloud environment.
- Ability to understand and develop programs in at least one Scripting Language
- Knowledge of Radview and associated RAD peripherals
- Advanced knowledge of managing services in a Voice over IP (VOIP) environment
- Knowledgeable of multiple distributions of Linux (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Knowledge in remediating Security Vulnerabilities
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.