Are you ready to make an impact and join a creative, forward-thinking team? We’re looking for innovators and forward-thinkers to help us do great things.
Leidos is seeking an Engineering Lead with broad expertise in servers, networks, and storage to join our Defense Enclave Services (DES) team at Ft. Meade, MD.
The DES program supports a highly demanding mission and requires support from top technical and management talent to migrate common IT services for over twenty DoD agencies under a common platform. You will play a key role in performing the discovery, design, and migration tasks in support of building a world-class Single Service Provider for the Department of Defense. This role will lead a cross-functional technical team to support the discovery analysis and design activities required to migrate common IT services from over twenty large-scale DoD agencies into DoDNet. Leidos needs the best talent in the industry to accommodate the size, scope, and complexity of this effort. A successful candidate will be technically well-rounded, producing quality work with special attention to the right details.
• Must possess an active Secret security clearance OR be eligible for submission and able to maintain an active Secret security clearance once granted. (US Citizenship required)
•Serve as a senior engineer, leading a group of specialists in infrastructure discovery and the development of migration plans
•Provide hands-on engineering and technical leadership for overall migration planning and implementation tasks
•Oversee and coordinate migration planning activities while monitoring and managing risks
•Manage and oversee development of infrastructure discovery efforts and migration plans
•Provide regular migration updates to Government leadership; identify risks, dependencies, and propose mitigation activities to deliver migrations on schedule and within budget.
•Staff migration teams with individuals certified in a standardized migration approach that maintains a mission-first focus that minimizes risks
•Work across team members to document migration lessons learned for continual improvement of future migration activities
•Identify automation opportunities for staff reductions and improved service delivery
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years' experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of experience (additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree)
- Require active DoD IAT Level II (i.e. Security+) certification or equivalent prior to start
- Experience designing and integrating complex IT solutions into enterprise ecosystems
- Experienced in planning and executing complex IT system migrations and consolidations
- Robust experience with Life Cycle Management and Life Cycle Refresh.
- Highly proficient at documenting logical or physical designs using drawing tools (e.g. Visio, Powerpoint, Gliffy, Cameo, MagicDraw) to depict systems, subsystems, interfaces, components, and communications of I/T applications and infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Technical leadership experience
- Ability to work with and lead an engineering team
- Must be able to present designs and plans to program, project, and technical leadership personnel and boards for approvals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This shall include drafting SOPs and technical documentation individually as well as reviewing artifacts produced by other engineers
- One or more professional level technical certification.
- In-Depth understanding of cloud, virtualization, and network technologies.
- Extremely familiar with DoD and DISA regulations/directives.
- Consulting firm experience.
- Robust understanding of DISA STIGs and DoD Cybersecurity requirements.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $182,000.00 - $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.