Leidos is currently seeking a Junior Software Engineer to support a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support 10+ mission critical applications/systems on the Sustainment for Analysis Services (SAS) Program in Gaithersburg, MD. SAS provides system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support to sustain applications/systems and perform adaptive maintenance infusing new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support the on-going mission of the customer. As a Junior Software Engineer, you will work on a specific tasking critical to SAS needs with opportunities to switch teams as you and our applications/systems grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
No clearance required to start. The candidate will be subject to a government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The selected candidate will be nominated for required clearance upon hire.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software in multiple software languages.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Use technical expertise to suggest environment and process upgrades.
- Realize system milestones and plan to deliver a quality product on time.
- Communicates with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes, and practices related to area.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED PER CONTRACT.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Virtual Machines.
- Experience with GitLab.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Linux and Windows OS (scripting, command line).
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, and technologies.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
- Experience with Agile software development cycle.
- Experience with Object-oriented programming languages to include C++, Python, and PHP.
- Experience with RESTful API using requests to access and use data.
- Experience with Spring Framework core features used by any Java application.
- Database experience with Oracle, SQL, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Java web developer with both server and client-side experience
- Experience working in Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud
- Familiarity with Cloud computing containers (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, and Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with JIRA, and Confluence
This position has a target range for compensation of $80,000 - $90,000. This is a firm fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of this target range.
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $82,000.00 - $110,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.