Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Intelligence Group uses a wide range of capabilities in Digital Modernization, Mission Software Systems, and enabling technologies like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to support our customers’ mission to defend against evolving threats around the world. Our team’s focus is ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving security landscape and succeed in their pursuit to protect people and critical assets.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Security Specialist to be a core member of the Intelligence Group. You will support cross-overs/reciprocity actions, Continuous Evaluation Program (CEP) reportable and the initiation of periodic reinvestigations and initial investigations. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collect, investigate, research, document, and forward to adjudications, all reportable information from employees and contractors within the IRTPA and DNI mandated timelines.
- Complete processing of all security reportable within 60 days of receipt (this includes monitoring the time it is within adjudications).
- Document, file, and maintain all actions in the PeopleSoft security system of record.
- Collect, investigate, research, document, and forward to adjudications, as applicable, all adjudicative relevant information received through automated records checks (ARC) and the continuous evaluation program (CEP) for employees and contractors, in the SISP mandated timelines.
- Follow-up as appropriate to ensure timely action on all Automated Record Checks (ARC) and CEP events.
- Document, file, and maintain all actions in the PeopleSoft security system of record. Prepare accurate and quality reports of investigation.
- Process quality applicant and employee background investigation initiations within seven days to meet IRTPA mandates.
- Process quality contractor e-nominations in 10 days or less in accordance with ICD 704, ICD 709, and ICPG 704.4 standards.
- Submit appropriate documentation to applicable databases to complete the National Agency Checks in less than 30 days.
- Prepare the Automated Records Check (T-1, T-3, T-3R, T-5, T-5R) report, as required, using the established template and place in ePSF, annotating action in the Investigations Module in PeopleSoft.
- Process contractor e-nomination crossover requests in two days or less and in accordance with ICD 704, ICD 709, and ICPG 704.4 standards.
- Identify any outstanding actions on a weekly basis to the government Team Lead.
What does Leidos need from me?
- Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance required.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience in related security field with a minimum of three to five years to include two years within DoD/IC.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment that changes daily.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple chains of commands within a component/team.
Favorable if you have:
- Background in OPM Background Investigations or Adjudication; investigative experience; (i.e., personnel security, counterintelligence, or law enforcement) at the local, state, or federal levels; completion of the ICD-704 Adjudications Course, Security Fundamentals Security Certification (SFPC ) Certification, and strong interviewing skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.